Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

at freshers fair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
we had people from barclays getting people to sign up ofr their credit cards, and you get a free camera, which was quite crap, but the fact was they wasnt selling it as, get a credit card, get a camera free, they was using the free camera as main point

and these companies apparantly have ethics!

signing up 18 yr old to credit cards when theyre unabvle to even read T+Cs of the no annual fees, and interest rates etc

Comments

• Options
    No surprise to me. I've seen it done.

Your 18 you should be able to make choices of your own, you are an adult.

However, having said that, there should be much better money management classes in school so kids arent so stupid about it.
  • Options
    erm being knowledable bout money doesnt mean youre wise with it,

everyone expects schools to parent a child, when a parent suhld do that

i was brought up with attitude, you only spend what you have, only in dire emergencies when starving do you borrow
  • Options
    Well of course parents should do it as well, but, well I also think it should be part of the taught life skills classes.

Credit cards arent all bad for students. I know mates who used them to get by because otherwise they would not have been able to go to uni. They knew the cost, they understood.
  • Options
    ah fair enough but barclays werent sayihng "its interest free only if you spend over £x per month" which i believe is the case
  • Options
    Well if they are misleading people then thats wrong.

However, I am of the opinion that adults make adult choices, if you sign on the dotted line its your fault.
  • Options
    yip. i've seen that shit be fo in 'nam.
  • Options
    Originally posted by fozza
    yip. i've seen that shit be fo in 'nam.

What? Please at least try to form a sentance.
  • Options
    yeh they had the card and camera people at sunderland as well, got the card, snipped it with a pair of scissors in front of them
  • Options
    Fuck Barclays.
    Get away from them fast.

They stole 80 pounds of me when I was in London, and my own bank here in Denmark needed to go through a legal procedure reclaiming it.

When my dad had beforehand called to get an overview of where my money wasthey put the reciever down on him...

With such a nasty attitude and customer treatment then of course they need to sell their bank via cool gadgets.
  • Options
    Re: at freshers fair
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    we had people from barclays getting people to sign up ofr their credit cards, and you get a free camera, which was quite crap, but the fact was they wasnt selling it as, get a credit card, get a camera free, they was using the free camera as main point

and these companies apparantly have ethics!

signing up 18 yr old to credit cards when theyre unabvle to even read T+Cs of the no annual fees, and interest rates etc

:mad:

I think its disgusting the way these bank people target students. I started uni this week and there is constantly bank people hassling students at the cash machine. :mad: