Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coping with Stress - HOW?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought about doing this as a Poll, but figured it might be a bit limited. So I've decided to ask it as a general question; and I thought it could even be helpful just to share experiences, if people have any good ideas; so the Question is:

How do You Cope with Stress?

Myn would be: Hockey, Hiking, Heavy Metal Music.

Comments

• Options
    Scream as loud as I can in a pillow.
    Listen to music.
    Watch a cheerful film or episode to take me mind away from reality.
    Go out with friends to either take me mind of it or to actually talk about it to help get things off my chest.
    Grab pen and paper to write down my thoughts;try and work out how I can solve these problems. Eventually throw that paper out when I'm sorted.
    And Masturbation, if I'm single.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    And Masturbation, if I'm single.

And even if I'm not:D

I used to play on Grand Theft Auto, running around setting fire to people, but my PlayStation b0rked so I can't anymore.

Screaming, shouting, crying and sulking are my favourite ways.
  • Options
    Cope or react?

React: My joins hurt and or swell. Get sick. My psoriasis breaks out.
    Cope: Painkillers, enhance dose of medication and write lists of what I need to do and cross out as I finish my chores.
  • Options
    smoking pot and coming in this place but ...i'm finding this place more and more stresful.
    tommorow ...i have a 15 room apartment above a private school to go look at ...give an offer on all the stuff in there ...that'll be a buzz.
    15 fucking rooms! i haven't a clue whay i'm going looking at but i've already got a three hundred quid offer and no more in my head ...to clear the place.
    no no no ...i give him three hundred quid ...no matter how many grandfatherclocksare in the place ...probobly turn out to be a pile of crap ...hwey ...tommorow is now! shit. bed.
  • Options
    I used to exercise... but my school don't let me this year :s I think today is the last time :( it was good for me... I'm sooo bad at it, and sometimes my head g round and round and if I don't stop :crazyeyes well... I think today I will no exercise, I'm a little weak and tired... ohhh my stress this year won't stop :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm finding this place more and more stresful.

this place seems to be a huge contributor to my stress levels these days.....:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    this place seems to be a huge contributor to my stress levels these days.....:(

Which is a shame.

It's not for me to be judgemental, so I aren't being, but if things said on here get to someone that much then they are taking it way too seriously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Which is a shame.

It's not for me to be judgemental, so I aren't being, but if things said on here get to someone that much then they are taking it way too seriously.

like everything in life.

i am a twat.