Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Emergency Trip to Brighton?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
We got a call today saying my cousin is flying from Kenya to Heathrow on Saturday so we have to pick him up and then drop the guy the next day at Uni of Sussex, which all I know is somewhere in Brighton.

Lessons starts Monday...

So far that's all we know and all he knows .. took him forever to find a place in a medical course and this is only for 1 year!!

They've told him he's got accomodation on campus but that's all we know ..

Anybody know anything about the area or the uni?

I can't imagine this guy being left on his own, he came for a visit a few months ago and I had to teach him how to iron a shirt!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Emergency Trip to Brighton?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I can't imagine this guy being left on his own, he came for a visit a few months ago and I had to teach him how to iron a shirt!!

:o

He's in for a shock then, isn't he!!
    Re: Re: Emergency Trip to Brighton?
    Originally posted by Miffy
    :o

He's in for a shock then, isn't he!!

He doesn't even shave yet, he's got load of peach fuzz on his face but he's resisted shaving to prevent increase in acne ...

Which I have to say I did find the day I first shaved it started off the acne for me!!
    Here's map of where the uni is @:

X2200Y400S1000W500H300.gif

Above the 'V' in HOVE is where it is.

The uni's website as well:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/
    if you see on the map where it says worthing, thats where i live :P

and if you see on the map where it says Hove, thats where gavman lives :P

brighton uni is pretty easy to find, its sign posted quite well
    i used to live in bognor :yes:
    i went to sussex uni open day...infact nearly went there to do geog...it was my reserve choise. its a nice place actually, close to the sea and shops, an all in nice grounds. accomodation was good too methnks
    Originally posted by cheesy_stick
    i went to sussex uni open day...infact nearly went there to do geog...it was my reserve choise. its a nice place actually, close to the sea and shops, an all in nice grounds. accomodation was good too methnks

Actually it's just occrued to me we'll have to take my cousin food shopping and buy him milk, bread and enough food to keep him going for at least a week.

He can't drive either... any idea what roads are like in the area for cycle owners? .... maybe we can buy him a cycle .. I'm sure someone posted a link to cheap bikes online that come from the catalouge companies that don't sell them all at Xmas.

Damn I would minded have going up on SAturday night and going clubbing in Brighton .. LOL .. but reckonmy parents would come as well to drop him off!!
    Just raided our cupboards for food for my cousin, amazing how many tins of soups and pasta things that only require hot water we had .. that should keep him going for a long time until he starts to learn how to cook.
    Throw him in the deep end and let him swim. :D
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Throw him in the deep end and let him swim. :D

Yeah, he flipping emailing stupid questions about buying stuff for his dad's camera shop in Kenya rather then being concerned about going to uni ...