Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bed and Breakfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever stayed in a B&B long term?

Being put forward for a job not too far away but too far in terms of traffic to warrant driving there every single day .. and if I was to get it would mean staying away from home on the weekdays for maybe up to 6 months.

What other options are there for staying somewhere for short periods without knowing how long you'll be there?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would it not be cheaper to maybe rent a small apartment/room somewhere? Because included in the charge of bed and breakfast is the cooking and the house keeping aswell.
    That is what I was thinking. Why don't you just rent a room? Would be far cheaper than staying in a B&B.
    Originally posted by ~kaz~
    That is what I was thinking. Why don't you just rent a room? Would be far cheaper than staying in a B&B.

trouble is with contract work they can let you go with about a week's notice
    Hmm good point, can't you like rent a room but explain your situation? I dunno.
    sleep in the office... you get to play with the lan and projectors, free phonecalls, parties all night long and you'll never have far to crawl to get to work.

makes sense to me. ;)
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    sleep in the office... you get to play with the lan and projectors, free phonecalls, parties all night long and you'll never have far to crawl to get to work.

makes sense to me. ;)

lmao :lol: that made me laff.