Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being too friendly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you say being too friendly makes you an easy target to be taken advantage of?

Say if you were friendly to a taxi driver & then this taxi driver mistakes your friendliness as a sign that you're a bit dumb & tries to charge you double the fare for a journey you've done several times before.

Or say if a female was being friendly to a bloke in a club by just having a chat & then the bloke thinks that this is a ticket for him to be in her knickers later than night.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Being too friendly
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Would you say being too friendly makes you an easy target to be taken advantage of?

no.
    Say if you were friendly to a taxi driver & then this taxi driver mistakes your friendliness as a sign that you're a bit dumb & tries to charge you double the fare for a journey you've done several times before.

i'm alway friendly with people like taxi drivers, and they don't generally do that. on the rare occasion they try, i just say something like 'come on now, <insert taxi firm> do it for a fiver' in a lighthearted way, and they back down.

there's a difference between being friendly and being left wide open.
    Being too friendly makes you an easy target? Yes, but being a total bastard doesn't get much better results. However, if a woman was being friendly to me down the club, I would definitely not interpret it as a sign that sex was to come.
    Re: Being too friendly
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Or say if a female was being friendly to a bloke in a club by just having a chat & then the bloke thinks that this is a ticket for him to be in her knickers later than night.

I talk to anyone, really and to be honest I only ever see one in a million people as a potential partner and that's only after I've known them a little while... So talking to guys in a club I don't have a problem with as I'm a bit of a ladette... It's the jealous paranoid girlfriends who sometimes start trouble and get all angsty because they assume that every woman who looks in the direction of their boyfriend will take him away from them.
    I think it depends on the rest of your personality...
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    However, if a woman was being friendly to me down the club, I would definitely not interpret it as a sign that sex was to come.

THANK YOU!!! I think you are unique!!!! :D
    There is a difference between being friendly and being a doormat. Exactly like Kaffrin said.

I'm a friendly sort of person who will chat with most people but i don't do getting trodden on.