Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

thermo Glass Straighteners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate to make another hair straighteners thread but i haven't seen these ones mentioned before, has anyone already got a pair and what do you think to them? I'm deciding whether i should order some or not.
They are £90 which is a fair bit of money and the straighteners i have at the moment, all be it they are over a year and half old, were £80 so I don't want to be spending some kind of big money unless these straighteners are going to be gooood.

4422275A62UC95965M.jpg

The thing that has drawn me towards them is the ' Therma-Glass plates are ultra smooth and glide through the hair for minimum hair damage with high heat performance' now see at the minute i am trying to save my dying hair and because i straighten it about every other day something that doesn't frazzle my hair would be great.

Opnions on them please?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i was under the impression that hairdryers were bad for your hair...

so how can anything hot enough to straighten hair be better for it when it's actually touching it?
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    i was under the impression that hairdryers were bad for your hair...

so how can anything hot enough to straighten hair be better for it when it's actually touching it?

Yeah i know, but straightening it is the only way it can be controlled, I don't blow dry my hair because it just goes frizzy, so straightening (apart from leaving it of course) Is my only option so ones that do even marginaly less damage would be a bonus :thumb:
    therma glass is just another way of saying 'ceramic'... you're still applying the same amount of heat to straighten, you're just using expensive plates to apply it.
    well i don't know about them, but are you using some sort of heat protection spray? try Schwarzkopfs Flatliner as it doesnt give off the fumes that ghd do for example
    you could try serums, smoothing creams or heat brushes when blow drying so it goes straighter and saves more time. also less expensive. i like the idea of therma glass but i just dont have the money at the moment. i usually blow dry mine after my shower in the evening and its pretty straight (i use sunsilk smoothing serum when its wet) and i only have to do the top layers in the morning
    Aye i do use a heat protection spray and some straightening serum at the minute. I have even tried buying an 'ionic' hairdryer which is supposed to combat frizz but nope. So i give up with blowdrying my hair. I wish i knew why it was so rebellious sometimes. Grrr.
    you know- today my hair looked so nice, straight and smart when i left the house, by the time i had walked ooh 5 minutes to work it was wavy at the bottongs and round the sides :(
    I've been thinking about posting a thread about the thermo glass straighteners, but i've been beaten to it lol!

At the moment i've got Saks ones, and they are the best that i've come across. What i dont understand about the thermo glass ones is how you can use 2 plates of hot GLASS to straighten your hair... apparently its the same as mirror glass (or so i've been told). surely that cant be as effective as the ceramic plates?

Beans if you do end up buying them, let me know if they are any good?! :p xXx
    Originally posted by w3lsh_princ3ss

Beans if you do end up buying them, let me know if they are any good?! :p xXx

Well i have ordered some so we shall see!
    They look quite promising and go up to 200 degree's like the ones i have now, i can't imagine them being really crap, but i'll hopefully know by next week. :thumb:
    Originally posted by beans
    Well i have ordered some so we shall see!
    They look quite promising and go up to 200 degree's like the ones i have now, i can't imagine them being really crap, but i'll hopefully know by next week. :thumb:

Ooooh YAY!! I've been dying for someone to try them! :hyper:

Keep me posted!! xXx