Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why is it...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
these days if you at a park and a father is swinging his kids on the swing or something, all the mothers look like "oh hes a paedophile"

sad state of affairs, that a man cant be trusted with his children

Comments

• Options
    It is a sad state of affairs that you'd think everyone has that mind-set. It's not a bad idea to be careful, but if I saw a man with a child, a child that was clearly comfortable, I wouldn't think anything of it. A screaming child or a scared child is a different matter, but that can also be explained.
  • Options
    just the whole nanny state thing - kids cant play out on streets cause theyre either at risk or theyre troublemakers
  • Options
    It's a whole lack of community responsibility. You can't let your kids run free because you aren't mates with the mums up and down your road. You don't stand on the corner with a mug of tea and chat. It's shite.
  • Options
    Re: why is it...

...it isn't
  • Options
    Re: Re: why is it...

It's weird that (from what I derive off the boards) there seems to be such a great difference between Denmark and Britain concerning this issue, even though we're equal in most cases.
    To be honest I think it's more natural to see a man do this, as it lets him be more physical and childish (natural with men :p) while the women usually just watch white the kids play.
  • Options
    I've never thought the bloke playing with his kids at the park was a pedo. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Someday whenever a man says "I love my kids" he'll be arrested as a pedophile. If that insanity goes on long enough, one day men will never have the right to even see their children.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    one day men will never have the right to even see their children.
    send for batman ...
  • Options
    Re: why is it...
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    these days if you at a park and a father is swinging his kids on the swing or something, all the mothers look like "oh hes a paedophile"

Mothers normally DONT think a man swinging his kids at the park is a peado, the majority are sat thinking 'aw aint that nice seeing Daddy take his kids to the park', because its normally the mother because daddy works all the time.

If I saw a man dragging a kid down the street then thats another matter......id be thinking 'worra twat'.......also if the mother did that id think the same.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    as it lets him be more physical and childish (natural with men :p) while the women usually just watch white the kids play.
    Surely. Guys are always wrong. When they do and when they don’t.
    If a man doesn’t love children he is a bad dad, a cruel creature, an abuser.
    If he loves children he is a paedophile, a cruel creature and an abuser.
    While girls are right from now and forever whatever they do.
    Sexist sex who they are.:(
  • Options
    If you show any physical contact to as child over about the age of 8 or 9 then everyone looks at you like you're some paedo scumbag.

I've seen it happen, and I've seen other look at me like that when I've been carrying GWST's sister on my back.

Tossers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    just the whole nanny state thing - kids cant play out on streets cause theyre either at risk or theyre troublemakers

I don't think that you can blame the "nanny state" for this at all. It's more about parents not understanding risks, or risk appreciation.

There is such a low prevalence of child abuse by strangers in this country and yet the media hype it, so parents feel less secure. The state isn't saying that parents should be scared...