Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!!! Sooo knackered...zzz.zzzzzzzz

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why the hell do I feel so tired all the time?
24 hours a day, as soon as I get up, all day at work or wherever, until the minute I go to bed.
It's not to the point of fallnig asleep, just general knackeredness.
I get around 7 hours sleep a night, don't do a great deal of exercise at the minute but I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

If anyone knows what it could be, or how I can liven myself up, give me a nudge!!!

Cheers everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Diet is a possibility, you need to make sure you're getting a balance and eating properly, not just a snack because you're hungry. Breakfast is important, as well as drinking enough water.

Excercise will up your energy levels slightly, so give that a try.

Also psycologically speaking your mind sleeps in 4 hour cycles, so if you can get 8 hours instead of 7, you'll feel better.
  • Options
    Ooooh right!

Cheers for that!

I think what made it come to a fore is the fact that I played footy yesterday, after 5 hours kip on Saturday nihgt (due to the Grand Prix starting early Sunday morning!) so I ache and am knackered today.
    I really need to start getting fit again and hopefully I can shake some of this tiredness off.

Thanx for the advice!!
  • Options
    to create energy you have to burn energy ...thats how humans function.
    fresh air ...busy day ...healthy tiredness ...healthy kip ...more energy generated for the next day ...takes a few days of being busy and eating well for you to start feeling that buzz again.
  • Options
    Nah. I'm more or less bang on 6 foot, and I'm around 11 stone.
  • Options
    I think I could do with a catch up on sleep. I've got a 4 day weekend this weekend, so a few lie-in's are on the cards!

I actually went to the doctors last year about it. They did the blood tests and they came back ok. The only thing they did find was something called Gilberts Syndrome. I don't know the full in's and out's of this, so if anyone does know of it, could that have anything to do with it?
  • Options
    Too much sleep can make you even more tired.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lost Boys
    I actually went to the doctors last year about it. They did the blood tests and they came back ok. The only thing they did find was something called Gilberts Syndrome. I don't know the full in's and out's of this, so if anyone does know of it, could that have anything to do with it?

Yes by the looks of it....
    Gilbert's syndrome is an inherited condition that causes jaundice, a yellow coloring of the skin and eyes. It is generally harmless and there are no long-term complications. Some persons with Gilbert's may complain of fatigue or abdominal pain, but most persons are just concerned because they suddenly look yellow.

Taken from here
  • Options
    Ah, that could explain it then. If it does cause some fatigue, that's what I have.

At least it's not just cause I'm old and knackered!!
  • Options
    Also, it's important to try and go to bed and get up at roughly the same time if possible. If you are staying up late and sleeping in till the afternoon at the weekends your body clock gets thrown out during the week. Here are some links you may find useful too:

insomnia

better sleep council

sleep council

:)