Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Moving in together?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you and a partner (past or present) have moved n together...... how long into your relationship did you move in? What were you both like? Did anything change in the bedroom area:naughty: ect???!! And, are you still living with them?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I should have been moving in with my other half next month

we've been together for over a year now.. But I couldn't tell u the exact amount of time

*wanders off grumbling*

What, you dont know how long youve been with him:eek:

Shame on you:) :p

Whose idea was it for you to move in?
    We moved in after about a year, though not intentionally, GWST had been stuck in uni accomodation with a set of complete cunts (even by student standards).

It's the make-or-break time in any relationship, either you find that you can live together or you drive each other around the bend with your little annoying quirks and habits.

As for the bedroom, well, if you're not careful everything else can get in the way a bit, and you can end up taking each other's company for granted a bit, but it's nothing a little bit of effort can't solve.
    moved in together after two years just before our son was born, it would be easier if we didnt live together, dont think i'd even be with him if i never had my little boy. thats not as sad as it sounds, but my relationship is pants now
    Originally posted by -Di-
    moved in together after two years just before our son was born, it would be easier if we didnt live together, dont think i'd even be with him if i never had my little boy. thats not as sad as it sounds, but my relationship is pants now

So, your with your fella cos of your little boy? Basically?
    yes and because he has no where else to live, and when he lived with his mum he felt unwanted when we broke up before. i had the police out to him twice and he kept threatening suciide. if i had the police involved again social services would get involved. i told him i wish he'd cheat then i cud break up with him n he sed he wont, he sed if i do he'll run off with our son which ahs worried me. its not worth the emotional abuse when i try to break up. when i tell him to leave he just says no, hes 6"2, so id need the police. hes a good dad and everyone thinks hes a good lad, he generally is but he has such a controlling streak and i just wanna act my age every now n then.

had to get that off my chest, been contemplating posting. xx
    i know something needs sorting, i'm just plodding along clashing with him. I hate the though of ss being involved, like im some scutty young mum. (i really rebel against this co we arent pure chavs etc like you expect young mums) anyway back to my point, erm yeh i know if it all kicks off again i will have to welcome ss with open arms, i dunno if he'd run off with tyler, not normally but he goes cray when he thinks hes gonna lose me(bangs his head off walls etc) so i dunno if he would maybe do it...hes been taken from my house by police and they let him go if he agreed to walk to his mums, he then harassed me all night from a phone box. gosh hes not even a t1t you know, he just gets cray when he thinks hes losing me. but i think im gonna have to have this out with him infront of a health visitor, last time he wa sthreatening to kll himself he promised he'd stop threatening, and he has(prob why he is now threatening runner) and it seemed the health visiotr got through to him about ss so if we talk again then he will realise he cant threaten to kidnap tyler! if that was aside we still have a crappy relationship where he is very jealous, if i wasnt as used to having my own way as i am i wudnt go for nights out etc. at the mo if i wanna get out he lets me go but is huffy about it, and tonite i was nervous to go incase he did a runner as this is a fresh threat) x babling x
    (i really rebel against this co we arent pure chavs etc like you expect young mums) [/B]

lol infact im not even remotely chav!

and if this was someone else posting id be thinking "dumbass"...!
    Your not babling babe, just let it all out.

How old are you?

Like rachie004 said, you need to get somert sorted out. Godda concentrate on you and Tyler (Im guessing thats your boys name).
    hi im 19. i have figured for now, as i don't know if i completely want out or not(and hate the thought of breaking his heart and everything changing) that i'm gonna have a convo with him about trying to control me, if i didnt get stick off him for going out(which makes it not worth it co i cant ahve a good time knowing hes pissed off) then there prob wouldnt be such a problem for me, but the threats need to be sorted aswell!

thanks for being so concerened :)
    We moved in together after just over a year, i think we find it quite easy to live together cause we're both dead laid back and accomodating, we're still together and i think our sex life stayed the same.

anything else?

;)
    ok, dunno if this counts but i see my b.f and stay over at his virtually every night. We've been together for just over a year and have done this since the beginning - so we've pretty much learnt what it would be like to live together. It can sometimes get abit cramping, if for example im already in a bad mood/stressed, but if we had our own place then we'd just spend time in different parts of the house - if that makes sense?? :confused:
    SBG
    Originally posted by -Di-
    hi im 19. i have figured for now, as i don't know if i completely want out or not(and hate the thought of breaking his heart and everything changing) that i'm gonna have a convo with him about trying to control me, if i didnt get stick off him for going out(which makes it not worth it co i cant ahve a good time knowing hes pissed off) then there prob wouldnt be such a problem for me, but the threats need to be sorted aswell!

On a completely unrelated note, can I say that you have a beautiful baby?
    lol thanks, hes not so much a baby now but he is so beautiful still! I must get some more pics up on the com, the newest i have is his chritening in may :eek: first one he is 5 months old, second one 7 months old, he's just a toddling louder version of the second hehe
    second one = 2 big :(