Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Safest possible form of sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What can you use to have the safest possible form of sex?

I understand that nothing can be totally 100% guaranteed but the closest to 100 the better.

The reason I ask is that the risk of becoming pregnant from sex when not trying to make someone pregnant just totally puts me off having sex.

So I may really want to have sex but then not wanting someone to get pregnant will make me want to stay a virgin until i'm ready to have sex & potentially get someone pregnant.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    comdoms, the cap AND the pill will make it almost inpossible to get a bird up the duff, but then thats a bit excessive dont you think. Just make sure you put the comdon on right.
    If it's only pregnancy you're worried about, which you shouldn't be STDs are also a problem, just not ejaculating near her will do the trick.
    Abstinence.

A condom, rolled on correctly is about 95% effective.
    The pill, taken properly, is about 98% effective.

Use both and you've cracked it.
    *gone*
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    just not ejaculating near her will do the trick.

Bad advice dear, even if you dont fully cum there is always pre cum.
    I remember telling that to an old friend of mine when she first started having sex and her bf told me that he didnt get precum and he could hold it back. Stupid boy. I just left them to it in the end. Couldnt be bothered.
    mmm, true, sorry.
    STDs are also a problem,

Would there still be a problem if one person is a virgin & the other person has only had one sexual partner that is clean of any sti's?
    You still need to be careful with such things. I'd say not to be complacent, because you can never be sure that this one person that is clear, was in fact clear (HIV can take up to 7 years before symptoms show) and that everyone they'd ever slept with, regardless of what they've told you, is clear.
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Would there still be a problem if one person is a virgin & the other person has only had one sexual partner that is clean of any sti's?

I'd say to be careful, but then I'd be a hypocrite.

I should have been more careful when I lost my virginity, but I wasn't. And I haven't died yet...
    You still need to be careful with such things. I'd say not to be complacent, because you can never be sure that this one person that is clear, was in fact clear (HIV can take up to 7 years before symptoms show) and that everyone they'd ever slept with, regardless of what they've told you, is clear.

So could HIV still be a risk if you have:

virgin boy & virgin girl have sex

then

former virgin girl & new virgin boy?
    what is the formal and new that you speak of?

It's is extremly unlikely that you'd catch HIV of a person who is genuinly a virgin, but you can get it from blood as well. As far as I know you can pick up bacterial infections while still being a virgin, though I'm not totally confident on that.
    So could HIV still be a risk if you have:- etc

Yes,

You can get HIV, in the first place, through things other than sex:- you can catch HIV from having ANY contact with bodily fluids.

If, for example, you've scratched your hand and you touch somebody else's blood - you can get HIV - you could be a virgin, you could have had sex a million times before, HIV is not only transmitted through sex. In this same senario, you could get HIV from a hand-job on an infected person.

No sex, does NOT equal, No HIV!
    telephone sex is pretty safe....
    Talk about installing fright in me about HIV & such. Next you'll be saying to go to a clinic for STi tests to check we're both clean from anything.
    what is the formal and new that you speak of?

It was meant to say former edited now:)

Former is as in the virgin girl is no longer a virgin so 'former' virgin.

New is the 2nd boy that the girl will have sex with who is a virgin.
    Originally posted by Carriage Return
    telephone sex is pretty safe....

phone sex is only safe if you put a condom over the handset ;)
    phone sex is only safe if you put a condom over the handset ;)
    :lol:
    Hiya
    You can talk around this subject as much as you like, but the long and short of it is: use a condom. Most people worry solely about pregnancy when they start having sex, but STIs are a real risk. That said, pregnancy is, too, of course. But you don't need to let your worries overshadow your enjoyment. Take the right precautions, talk to your partenr so that you're both happy and then you can relax.

Have a read through some of TheSite's factsheets on contraception
    and STIs so that you understand it all a bit better.

;)
    The only way to be 100% safe is by not having sex. But that's a bit impractical.