Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

std question. help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long does it take for symptoms of an std to show up?

I've got burny hot bits and an icky thick discharge. (sorry details).
My F.B. has been on holidays and came back last wed so it would have been since then? Although I have had my period so could it be a coincidence and the discharge is just as a result of my period (i know its graphic but its very very thick... which makes me think it could be an std) Symptoms started 2 days after sex.... is that enough time for it to be an std?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to the doctors or the local Gum clinic, it sounds like it could be anything from a bad infection to an std but you should really go to the Gum clinic/your doctor asap, its best to be safe, As far as i know Stds take a different amount of time to show depending on what std it is,

hope this helps, but get checked out and best of luck :thumb: hope it goes well.
    These could be symptoms of anything. It's important to remember that although there's a possibility that it's an STI, there are lots of other things it could be too - an infection such as thrush, for example. The best thing you can do is make an appointment today with your GP for a check up.

It may also be a good idea to go to a GUM clinic to get tested for STIs. We have an FAQ here that tells you what to expect and what the tests are like etc.

Finally, I can only assume that you are having unprotected sex to be worried about STIs? In order to reduce the trisk of catching an infection, always wear condoms.

Hope this helps :)
    Better safe than sorry sweetheart, pop along-its conifidential and save your blushes, they see it everyday and dont look down on you