Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sizes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its my mates birthday on sunday and for it im gonna do somert different and buy some clothers for her! Shes just had a baby, and shes gone through a rough time the past year, so I wanna spoil her.

Shes a size 18/20, so I thought what (modern) shops go to that size? I know Dorothy Perkins go up to that size but she always shops in there! Someone said that Pilot now go up to a size 20:confused: She hates clothers from Evans, so thats a no go!!! What sizes do TK Maxx, H & M, and shops like that go up to?????

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    new look and topshop have larger size sections which are good, just the same clothes in bigger sizes. about all i can think of, oh etam as well
  • Options
    Thanks, Im gonna have a look in new look and topshop. Do you know what sizes H & M go up to and TK Maxx??? I havent a clue about shops! I dont go to much high street shops you see! I nornally shop at me mates shop.
  • Options
    Are you sure she is that size now? Your weight changes alot after a baby on most people.
  • Options
    Yeah, she put quite alot of weight on after the birth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    Yeah, she put quite alot of weight on after the birth.

Ok just didnt want you getting the wrong size & it upsetting her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Ok just didnt want you getting the wrong size & it upsetting her.

Cheers me dear!:) Once my ex bought me the wrong size bra and corest ect, for our year anniversary:naughty: I was not best pleased!!! and he wasnt either:naughty: The corset was too small, and the bra was too big:lol:

Men........... cant live with em, cant live without em:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    Cheers me dear!:) Once my ex bought me the wrong size bra and corest ect, for our year anniversary:naughty: I was not best pleased!!! and he wasnt either:naughty: The corset was too small, and the bra was too big:lol:

Men........... cant live with em, cant live without em:p

hehe mine is very good with sizes for me, it still shocks me now lol. I thnk he knows my sizes better than me.
  • Options
    I know it sounds naff but Tesco have a really nice plus sizes range. Me and my sister were highly disappointed when we found that this particular range was only in sizes 16+ as they were really nice clothes.
  • Options
    H&M have a specific larger size range - I often look at the clothes from a distance, head on over cos I've seen something I really like only to find its in the "plus size" range.. I'm a size 6-8 :( (with dodgy eyesight, obviously! :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    TK Maxx just stock whatever they can so it's luck-of-the-drawer with larger sizes but if you're prepared to rummage a bit then you're in with a chance, I expect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    H&M have a specific larger size range - I often look at the clothes from a distance, head on over cos I've seen something I really like only to find its in the "plus size" range

hehe - i do that too. most annoying.

my cousin is around that size and gets her clothes mostly from M&S and Next. She is a little older though - not sure what kind of style your mate has. but both shops do really nice basic ranges.
  • Options
    when i had my baby i liked peacocks as they didnt ahve a eperate plus section to make you feel like a freak! I recommend NEXT as their sizes tend to be bigger so you canb get her all size 16/18 stuff instead which will make her feel good! ;)

-Di-
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I know it sounds naff but Tesco have a really nice plus sizes range.

I was just going to say that! Glad its not just me who thinks they are nice :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by -Di-
    I recommend NEXT as their sizes tend to be bigger so you canb get her all size 16/18 stuff instead which will make her feel good! ;)

I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are positive it will fit, because if you get her a size 16/18 and it doesn't fit, it'll just make her feel worse. I'd guess that she'd feel much better if you brought her the size you intended on, and then her finding it's too big and having to take it back for a smaller size. I know I'd prefer that.
  • Options
    BIGGER SIZES

I know HENNES (H&M) go up to size 18 in most of their ranges, especially trousers. Oh and here's a great tip. I'm a 14 on my bottom half, yet can get into a WALLIS 10 easily. Their clothes always come up huge so definitely try in there. Get her a 16 WALLIS and it should fit nicely!
  • Options
    if its too small at least you could tell her it looks like shes lost loads of weight!