Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Overdosing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What and how many would do it?

Do legal drugs ever work?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Overdosing
    Originally posted by FallenAngel84

how many what?
    most overdoses are legal drugs.
    you thinking of leaving us?
    if so ...there are loads of better things than dieing.
    dieng is easy ...it's living thats hard.
    you need help? to live i mean not die.
    id just like to know.

paracetemol is shite.

ibuprofen? how many?
    aspirin?

50? 60? 100+??
    id just like to know.

why?
    reference. i like to know these things.
    reference. i like to know these things.
    google it then.
    you can't realy expect to get an answer to such a worrying kind of question on here now can you.
    ive already tried google but couldnt find an answer.

no i didnt expect to get an answer but worth a try.
    ive already tried google but couldnt find an answer.

no i didnt expect to get an answer but worth a try.
    live a little longer my dear.
    if your having some kind of bad time ...theres always a light at the end of each tunnel ...some tunnels are longer than others.
    i have to go out now ...hope your still around when i get back ...
    thank you for your time
    I've ODed, and it's not nice. talk to someone please for the love of god talk. i've been in that state and it's fuck awful. it may feel like you can't talk but please please try.

phone samaritans please, they won't tell anyone what you tell them and they won't judge you either....please please please just talk to someone. PM me even. ODing is not a good way out. it offten fails and makes you very ill. it might not kill you but it could seriously damage your internal organs so that you are in so much pain. i know it might feel like your in so much pain right now. but this pain is like nothing else. please please talk to someone.
    hellooo ...are you still with us or do i have to hold a seance
    Hi lovely

You haven't really explained why you want to know the answer to this question, but still I do find it worrying that you have asked. If you are having problems and want some help ask on these boards (they are confidential) or pm me or another of the mods.

I can't really offer you much specific help or advice without knowing more details but I do know that sharing a problem can lesson the stress/ burden so much. If you need to talk to someone now and I'm offline try calling or emailing the samaritans, they provide a great non-judgemental confidential listening ear:

Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org.uk/)
    Confidential help for anyone who is suicidal or despairing.
    Telephone: 08457 909090
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

Take good care of you and get back in touch
    *hugs*

Susie xxx
    Re: Overdosing

sheer fluke but i was just directed to stargalaxys thread in health ...i feel for you both but don't have any answers.
    There are very few drugs that are even vaguely nice to OD on. The varst majority will mean a LONG drawn out and very painful death.

This is especially the case with the standard headache pills. It will be fatal within hours, but you can last as long as two weeks, laying there as each of your organs ruptures and fails. Strangely this is an unplesant process.

My advice, dont.
    hiya.

thank you for your concern. I dont need to talk to anybody though. Theres people that try to help but i cant do it. i cant open my mouth and say things.

Surely theres a point where you take so many you're knocked out in under half an hour? or is that just wishful thinking?
    Yep, wishful thinking

and if you can't 'talk' then 'write' either here, on a piece of paper to take to your GP or show to a friend/ tutor/ relative/ adult you trust or via email to jo@samaritans.org

I know that talking about how you are feeling and what you are going through can be hard, but try and take that first step and it gets easier.

Don't give up on life before you've had a chance to really live it.

Take care of you

Susie x

If you are feeling suicidal... (TheSite factsheet)
    im still hoping someone will tell me.

id rather not go and make a moaning post in the health topics bit though.

thanx again
    I can't stress the following enough:

DO NOT OVERDOSE.

I did, I took a hell of a lot of pills last year. I was found laid, comatosed and yellow outside a phone box

I was sick constantly for a day, so hard, little blood vessels in my eyes burst. I was then injected countless times with god knows what and on a drip for a week. My stomach ached and my liver throbed badly, sharp, awful... think your worst period pain ever multiplied by a million. I couldn't move to wash/piss/talk/think and I was jaundice months afterwards. Not to mention, being shoved in a mental hospital; you don't ever want to go through that, trust me.

It is the worst pain - you can not imagine. Even if you are depressed now; the feeling of your body suffering and fighting like that is just on another level of pain. Please don't do it. Think how devastated your family would be, for the rest of their life. Hang on and let time pass and I promise the things that seem so rotten now will seem clearer one day.
    im still hoping someone will tell me.

id rather not go and make a moaning post in the health topics bit though.

thanx again
    feeling like you do i think you deserve a bloody good moan don't you?
    here or health ...start talking. what is bad ...what do you see. what do you feel. what would you like. where has your hope gone and why?
    loads of stuff to talk about ...talking about this stuff is worth a try innit!
    think of you as being loadd down with lots of baggage that your having to cart around ...i'll bet money that you can be talked in to seeing a lot of that baggage as useless crap.
    then ...you can start ditching some of that baggage ...the load gets lighter ...the journey easier.
    at the moment you don't seem to have anything to loose by trying and one thing about this place ...theres a whole heap of personal tragedy ...sucsess ...failure ...pain and pleasure.
    this place is full of experience.
    Having tried to overdose this year, I could tell you a lot about this. But I've chosen not to. I'm going to get told off by the moderators (probably) for doing this, but I recommend you visit www.suicideforum.com. This is a website which I use occasionally and they are more capable of giving you the help you need, not the help you think you need.
    Just start a good old rant and the rest will flow, doesn't matter how long it is, there'll always be someone here to read it. Best part is the anonomity of posting here, it's not like you have to tell someone you know about stuff you're not comfortable with. It's a real good way to vent everything and will probably make you feel better than you think. There's a good chance you'll find someone here in the same sort of position as you, or someone who has felt exactly as you do now.
    thank you all. ive had a much kinder response than i imagined.

I realise im far from the only person whoes ever felt like this, now or in the past etc.
    That makes me even more pathetic for being so weak and stupid

thanx again
    xxxxx
    thank you all. ive had a much kinder response than i imagined.

I realise im far from the only person whoes ever felt like this, now or in the past etc.
    That makes me even more pathetic for being so weak and stupid

thanx again
    xxxxx
    stop knocking yourself all the time.
    believe me ...you do not have a monopoly on pathetic weak and stupid. honest.
    i'm realy glad you have had a positive experience from this place ...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Having tried to overdose this year, I could tell you a lot about this. But I've chosen not to. I'm going to get told off by the moderators (probably) for doing this, but I recommend you visit www.suicideforum.com. This is a website which I use occasionally and they are more capable of giving you the help you need, not the help you think you need.

There are probably some more useful places to go than that forum, as Susie has already mentioned you could try the
    Samaritans, or Careline, who offer counselling over the phone. If you are aged 16 or under,
    there4me provides online counselling and a phone counselling service.

You haven't said why you are feeling depressed and suicidal, but if it is really difficult to talk to someone perhaps you could have a look at some information to try and help you understand what is going on. MIND has lots of online information including this page with info on mental health issues for younger people, and this page on suicide related information. It may be a starting point for you to be able to open up and talk about what is happening with you. Please take care.
    thanks for your help but i already take antidepressants, see a counseller and am waiting for an appt with a psychiatrist.
    thanks for your help but i already take antidepressants, see a counseller and am waiting for an appt with a psychiatrist.
    have you noticed that the anti depressants aren't doing what they are supposed to by any chance?
    some anti D's make people suicidal. your doc needs to know thats how your feeling whilst taking them ...he'll switch you to another kind ...
    think i need a med change. been on these for 5 months and not working too good now.

nevermind.
    If that's the case then discuss it with your doctor, there are many different varieties of meds out there. Keep note of how you are feeling from day to day as it is easy to forget (keep a diary or carry a notebook to jot down any weirdness). Then you can take this with you to your doctor and they can tell you which may be down to the medication you are on.

It is worth doing,

take care,

Susie x
    its ok i have my answer now.
    its ok i have my answer now.
    are you going to share it with us?
    no.

what was it you or someone said at the start of this thread?

"did you really expect to get an answer like that here"?!!!

ha.