Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

buying books to study

Former MemberFormer Member The Mix Honorary GuruPosts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello -

anyone got tips on buying books to study? its expensive at the best of times, reading lists when you become a student are very long.

i've found acouple of websites already, Scrounge.it is one for finding how to buy new books cheapest and seems good... any more ideas?

cheers
zz

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member The Mix Honorary Guru Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    2nd years often sell their texts they don't need anymore, ebay (possibly), amazon.co.uk often have better than high-street prices.

For the record though, this should probably be in the student forum

welcome to thesite
  • Former MemberFormer Member The Mix Honorary Guru Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    For the record though, this should probably be in the student forum

*nods*
    2nd years often sell their texts they don't need anymore, ebay (possibly), amazon.co.uk often have better than high-street prices.
    And you can get second hand books on Amazon now as well.
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    *nods*

Alright little girl? you at uni yet? :p
    Alright little girl? you at uni yet? :p

i aint little!!
    go to uni on sat.
    what about you you old fogey?? :p
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    i aint little!!
    go to uni on sat.
    what about you you old fogey?? :p

Uni starts wednesday, I might think about packing soon. You're alright then matey?:p
    Im alright, just a tad bored atm. yourself?
    equally bored, why you think I post here so much?
    equally bored, why you think I post here so much?
    I am bored too.
    Cos you have no life?

:p
    Disapointingly, you're actually right. I have nothing to do during the day, so I post here. I'm out most evenings, but now my mates have all left that's falling off a bit.
    You're admitting i'm right about something?! :eek:
    yeah, but don't expect it to happen again
    I wasn't expecting it to even happen once!!! :p
    well aren't you lucky.
    Whores. The both of you :p
    it is an occasional, and sometimes rare occurence. note whence it doth happen.
    oi! cheeky.
    well i can get away with it now, can't i??

there are still times when i bite my tongue for fear of going too far with you tho.
    I have a long memory and a longer arm...:mad:
  • littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    i was expecting this to be an interesting thread on buying books for studying, useful links from other posters, and the like.

oh how i was wrong.

i shouldve guessed really :|

why can we not keep personal convos to PMs?!? is it too much to ask that whenever i look at a thread i actually expect it to be relevant instead of the latest "hey, how are you" convo :rolleyes:
    It started relevant, stop with the crititcism, I don't see you getting it back on topic.
    It started relevant, stop with the crititcism, I don't see you getting it back on topic.

What was the topic?

Oh yeah, some guy signing up just to advertise a website.
    Nevermind then eh?
    Originally posted by Kermit
    What was the topic?

Oh yeah, some guy signing up just to advertise a website.

That's not fair,i was asking a question. if youwant it rephrased i will.
    Hey people, any more tips, some of us Freshers will find it useful.