Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Few questions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, a few quick questions about weed.

I have a few friends who want to do hash or weed, but don't want to smoke it. Can you use weed in the same way as hash when making muffins, cookies etc?

How do you make cookies etc if using weed?

How long does weed stay in your system for? (tests etc)

When are you safe to drive if you eat it?

What's the difference between smoking and eating it?

What about dosage?

Any other friendly info for a few first timers?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    alright

well eating produces different effects than smoking.

when i want to get stoned and am not arsed smoking - i burn a small amount of hash into a yoghurt and eat it. this is my method which i have been using for months now - im using it tonight as well!!!!

take one large spoon. put vegetable oil on it - not too much. then burn hash into the oil on the spoon - a safe dose for starters would be a pea sized amount, maybe a tiny bit more. burn it into the oil as i said, then put lighter under the spoon and wait til the oil bubbles. it smells pretty bad so don't do it in your room or anything! then pour into a yoghurt - my favourite for this is a fruit of forest YOP - cause it already has bits in it. then eat it! 30 mins later you should be nicely buzzing. some people cant stomach it and vomit immediately. dont mix other drugs with this one - it really can upset your belly. dont drink too much - but i never can when i do this anyway. anyone i know who has tried a hash yoghurt has liked. you laugh a lot but too much can knock you out and make you look like your on something a lot stronger

with weed - i have only eaten it in cambodia in a pizza. a happy pizza it was called. he put a good bit on - enough for about 3 pure joints. we were wasted and i cant honestly remember that night - the video footage of us in our hotel is all we have to prove we were awake and about that night. almost too strong and prob not what you are looking for. its a bit rough.

if its good - normal hash, not AK-47 or Super Afghan or anything like that you should be fine but i have never eaten the good stuff - like AK-47 so i cant advise on these. start small is my advise and see how you like it -if you go too far the first time you will prob have bad experiance and not like it - so start small.

when is it safe to drive? is it ever safe to drive? - you prob will be so relaxed you'll think you're fine but do not drive on this shit - you could cause a nasty accident. next day is safest to drive - plus if cops see you they'd know immed that you were on something. so dont drive same night as you've taken a hash yoghurt or any other drug for that matter

i find them very sociable - good for a wild night out with almost no side effects next day except maybe slight grogginess.

if you want to bake with hash and you have a lot of it ( or weed is betterf or this) you can make bud butter. melt butter in a pan with your weed or hash - solidify the butter and use it to bake as normal. then whatever you make will be a space-cookie - space-cake etc. dont know about dosage with this - be careful to mix it up real well.
    Banana man has covered the basics, just a couple of extra things.

I wouldnt bother cooking up the weed or hash, just crumble it really small and then stir into a yogart or similar. It makes no odds to the effect.

Secondly, cannabis stays in your system and is detectable for about 30 days at least, more for a hair test, but they are rare.

Dont drive while intoxicated on ANYTHING! EVER.

Cannabis is less predictable and more hallucingenic when eaten, this is because it is broken down by the liver, leading to a varient of THC, though I cant remember its name. Do a search I'm sure I have said it before.

Dosage for a first timer, well just put one spliffs worth in per person and then maybe one more for a group of 3.

Remember it can take up to an hour before the full effect hits. Dont redose too quickly.
    i find it hits me quicker if i cook it up. not by much but if i eat it straight it can take up to 1.5 hours to hit me. when i cook it up in oil it takes about 30 mins - 1 hour. not much of a difference but it has convinced me that cooking it up is better.

and the other reason i like it is - i puked my ring once when i burnt it in straight cause i didnt crumble it properly and i had bits in my teeth etc. the best thing about cooking it on a spoon is that when the oil bubbles - the hash just melts into the oil real nice so when you put it in your yoghurt or whatever - there's no lumps!!!! gonna buy a fruit of the forest YOP on my way home later and cook up a little beauty for tonight.

redosing - i have never done so with a hash yoghurt but it cannot be good for your poor organs especially your liver to hit it with too much ingested hash in one night - smoking hash while on a hash yoghurt seems to be okay - but i wouldnt overdo it.
    Ok, first off, I didn't mean is it safe to drive while you're on it, just how long afterwards are you ok to drive, next day, 2 days etc etc. Worded it badly. Sorry. Secondly,
    put one spliffs worth in per person and then maybe one more for a group of 3.
    How much is this? Bearing in mind I have no idea about dosage levels. Does it matter if it''s in a yogurt or baked products? Does heat kill off the THC? It's probably goign to be one yogurt/cookie per person, so obviously the dosage would vary if either for one or split in a mixture?
    Well how much are you buying and of what quality is it supposed to be.

I'd say about 2 5p coin sized piles of powdered green each would be a very rough guide. And as I said maybe 4 doses for 3 people.

The heat will kill the THC if its heated too long, it will oxidize and you wont get the effect. But, as long as your not baking it on a really high temp for ages that wont be a concern.
    I wouldn't eat green, get some hash and eat it if you can. Send the green this way and i'll not waste it.:D
    eating grass is a bit of a waste me thinks ...grass should be smoked.
    hashish eating is another thing ...either way ...hope you enjoy.
    Ive only ever eaten resin...i cant smoke it no matter how hard i try...so i stick to eating it.

Best way ive found is just to buy like a Dennis The Menace/Bob The Builder/any trippy cartoon character cake kit from the supermarket....mix it up and burn in as much resin as you like.
    Bake it up and eat. The kits normally cook up like 12 cakes or sumthing....wouldnt recomend eating them all if your not used to eating cannabis...cuz i did that the other week and was sat in a corner giggling to thin air for about 3 hours straight....fun but make syou kinda anti-social...so just chomp down 3 or 4 and see how that hits you.....shudnt take too long...an hour tops for me.

Peace
    Green will do exactly the same job, you just need to make sure its mixed in thats all.
    Erm, I hate to court the cat of unpopularity, but have you not considered that cannabis is illegal in this country? Or is it? With the laws are at the moment, who can tell? Hey, pass me a joint! :naughty:
    And? Whats your point?
    I said pass me the joint, didn't I? :shocking:
    My sister sometimes makes tea out of weed - I am not sure how stoned she gets from it though.

I probably wouldn't drive for about 24 hours especially if your not used to it.

On occassion when I have been without youghurt i have been known to just have a munch - but thats a bit skanky

Ohhh and it really is very different to just smoking it
    Think I ate hash when I was pissed once.
    Eating hash in totally different than smoking it, it takes longer to hit you but it lasts far longer, i've been stoned for upwards of 15 hours when i used to always eat hash, one night i must have ate near a 10 deal and i was never so stoned in my life but it wasn't in a bad way that you couldn't move, it was almost psychedelic and i certainly did have closed eyed visuals, i was that stoned i couldn't feel my body at all, floating is the only thing that could describe it.
    If you decide to eat it be careful of how much you eat, and don't redose on it if it dosen't work for a couple of hours, once i ate some and took over 2 hours to effect me, i thought nothing was going to happen but when wham, hits you straight away and you keep getting more stoned for hours and hours, each hour it seems you keep getting more high.
    Enjoy eating it whatever you do, it is brilliant, although i haven't ate any in over half a year.
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    My sister sometimes makes tea out of weed - I am not sure how stoned she gets from it though.

Unless she is using some sort of fat in the tea (milk for example) it is very unlikely to do anything.

THC is not soluble in water, it is fat and alcohol soluble but not water.