Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Calling all binge drinkers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Howdy drugs boards users,

Usually Lady Jade moderates you guys but I am in here so you can help me in my reserach purposes.

I am Mariam (site staff member for almost five months now, so hello if we haven't made acquaintance yet.)

Basically I write on the site (summer sessions SOS content that were me) as well as producing Reach for the Sky articles for BSkyB.

I want you guys to tell me all about binge drinking.
If you do it, why do you do it? Do you get a buzz from it? What about your mates are they into it? Your parents even?

Has binge drinking ever got you into trouble with the law? police? got you into a fight, caused you to end up in hospital? Let me know.

Share your stories! I looking for someone who is 19 or under for a case study on binge drinking, so go on be a sport and send me your PM's on the subject then I can send you some more in-depth questions or contact you on moby's or whatevr. Want lots of replies when I return to work off of my hols in Venice next Thursday. Thankee! Mazza girl

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm not 19 or under. I haven't been for a long time! But I'm what the NHS would classify as a binge drinker. But seeing as the NHS classify a "binge" as 4 or more pints in one session, pretty much everyone I know is also a binge drinker.
    I think the word is bandied around as a convenient lazy soundbite, a way of saying "aren't the youth of today out of control" etc. It's a political thing.
    To me, a binge is when I used to go to free festivals/parties, take 3 or 4 E's washed down with 8 cans of lager, then neck a bottle of vodka in the morning, kip for a few hours, then do it all again.

Having said that though, when I go out to drink, I go out to get merry. Not to get totally falling down drunk, but I like the inhibition and feeling of release that getting a bit pissed gives me. And that takes me about 5 or more pints in a session (depending on the length of the session and how quick I'm drinking. Going out at 9ish to a pub with normal hours, I might drink 5ish. Starting early Sat afternoon and drinking all day, I'll drink a lot slower, but drink up to 10 pints).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    (all of it)

:yes: i'll agree with that. 100%
  • Options
    I think that the NHS regard binge drinking as more than 6 units a night. If that's the case then I binge drink every time that I go out for a night out with my mates.
  • Options
    I would say i'm a binge drinker, at the end of every week yes i go out and get pissed at the weekend,but thats not a binge as you said blagsta, just drinking..it's with a load of pills and speed and weed but for some it's not. I've been up for about 40 odd hours now still off my face.