Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My Little Brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To put it short my little brother is 9, lived with him and my mum all his life just a normal family i suppose.

But the problem is, he annoys me so much and just thinking about him makes me angry. I hate him to bits and iv hated him ever since he was born! Theres definately something wrong with me to hate my own brother for the whole 9 years of his life.

I try to be nice to him and i act like a brother (you know all the older brother stuff) but inside i hate him to bits.

What the hell is wrong here? I wanna sort it before he gets older.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Has he done anything to harm you specifically?
    Are you jealous of him? Is he treated differently to you?
    Hes done nothing bad to me and is not treated different to me. He just annoys me so much. Come to think of it my mum has pissed me off all my life too. The sooner i go uni next year the better.
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Hes done nothing bad to me and is not treated different to me. He just annoys me so much. Come to think of it my mum has pissed me off all my life too. The sooner i go uni next year the better.

Indeed.
    Re: My Little Brother
    To put it short my little brother is 9, lived with him and my mum all his life just a normal family i suppose.

But the problem is, he annoys me so much and just thinking about him makes me angry. I hate him to bits and iv hated him ever since he was born! Theres definately something wrong with me to hate my own brother for the whole 9 years of his life.

I try to be nice to him and i act like a brother (you know all the older brother stuff) but inside i hate him to bits.

What the hell is wrong here? I wanna sort it before he gets older.

Thanks

just beat the head of him, you'll feel better for it :D
    Re: Re: My Little Brother
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    just beat the head of him, you'll feel better for it :D

lol i couldnt hurt a kid, although it would be nice if i never spoke to him again. I feel bad now, hes only 9
    Re: Re: Re: My Little Brother
    lol i couldnt hurt a kid, although it would be nice if i never spoke to him again. I feel bad now, hes only 9

whats wrong with you, 9's the perfect age! ;):p
    Re: Re: Re: Re: My Little Brother
    whats wrong with you, 9's the perfect age! ;):p

no! don't listen to david grohl!! my brother used to beat me and i hate him!!! i never understood why he hated me..... but in return i hate him back ... strange......

rudebwoy... this is what i say... if you keep telling yourself that you hate your brother you're gonna believe it and eventually act upon it.. if you keep telling yourself that you love your brother.. you will eventually start to believe it and act upon it.....
    That's normal!! I mean when I was younger, I couldn't stand my brother. Always use to shut at him telling him how much I hated him... Cried/hit/spat/bad-mouthed each other. I mean; that's what brothers and sisters do.

You'll grow out of it.
    i was only joking :(
    i was only joking :(

awwwwee

haha i know
    I hate my brother but I wouldn't 'harm' him. Just ignore him and badmouth him behind his back.
    I bet your younger brother secretly addores you and looks up to you, no matter how much he annoys you...

sit down, and think long and hard about what it is that annoys you about your brother, then try and find a way to fix it ;)
    Its perfectly normal to hate your younger siblings,they are extremely annoying thery get away with everything and always want to be around you,but at the end of the day you will always love your family and ipretty sure if anything happened to your brother you would be one of the first ones there
    Originally posted by s-block
    Its perfectly normal to hate your younger siblings,they are extremely annoying thery get away with everything and always want to be around you,but at the end of the day you will always love your family and ipretty sure if anything happened to your brother you would be one of the first ones there

Good point
    Should you brother not live with you? Doesn't he have a right to be in the house too?

Saying he 'bothers me' is nonsense. So what? Is it a crime for him to interact with you?
    I do actually feel sorry for you. I think that sort of age, between 8 and 10 is actually reeeeeeeaaally hard work. Theyre so demanding. Youre bound to not have that much in common with him being that theres such an age gap, and youre probably right, that youll feel better about him when youre not actually living there. Youll probably find you get on with him better when youre both older and the age gap isnt so obvious.
    It will get better. Its good that youre being adult about it and recognising that its your problem, and nothing hes done.
    The sad thing is, he probably really looks up to you.
    I bet if anyone hurt him, youd feel protective then.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    S-Block

do you like bringing up reasonably old threads?

Silly land lubber:p
    EDIT; Didn't see that this was so OLD.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I do actually feel sorry for you. I think that sort of age, between 8 and 10 is actually reeeeeeeaaally hard work. Theyre so demanding. Youre bound to not have that much in common with him being that theres such an age gap, and youre probably right, that youll feel better about him when youre not actually living there. Youll probably find you get on with him better when youre both older and the age gap isnt so obvious.
    It will get better. Its good that youre being adult about it and recognising that its your problem, and nothing hes done.
    The sad thing is, he probably really looks up to you.
    I bet if anyone hurt him, youd feel protective then.

Thanks nice to see you understand. I admit its my problem and hes done nothing wrong at all. I guess it is the age gap and that hes full of energy and getting to learn new ways to piss me off lol
    I used to hate my brother, but you'll find when you both get old enough to goto the pub together you'll suddenly find you have things in common.
    Be aware that although he is only 9 he probably looks upto you for everything.
    So make the most of it, be a good role model for him and in a few years you'll be good mates.