Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

16 killed, 80+ injured by Palestinian extremists

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There can be no exceptions to international law. If we were to let off Israel, who says we can punish Sudan for Darfur? International relations would disintergrate, anyone can do what ever they want with no fear of international repercussions.

No sensible person can say it's ok for Israel to break the law, because then no country can be held accountable. Whatever the reasons.
  • Options
    No sensible person can say it's ok for Israel to break the law, because then no country can be held accountable

Like it or not, Israel is an exception.
  • Options
    First off, I am happy to condemn this morning's bombings as barbaric murders. I would have happily done it on the other thread but by the time I joined the Apartheid Wall was being debated. I'm not even going to get now in the very lengthy and ultimately pointless debate about the wider implications and causes of these attacks.

If I might say so Disillusioned I remain sceptical about the proportion of Palestinian dead who were fighters/terrorists/militants. Far too many civilians, bystanders and demonstrators are being cut down by bullets. Some 450 children have been killed alone since this intifada began.

But the much wider tragedy of those left to live, which are seldom talked about and never added up to victims' tolls, are what make this situation so unbearable. The tens of thousands of people left homeless out of spite. The thousands of young male Palestinians jailed for indefinite periods and then released without charge. The entire towns and refugee camps with absolutely zero economy and left entirely at the mercy of charities. The appalling malnutrition, poverty, unemployment and illiteracy. The water, electricity and movement restrictions. The vines being uprooted by the IDF. In short, the systematic and complete destruction of a people and their dignity.

Regardless of the fact that for every Israeli victim there are on average three Palestinians, the catalogue of misery described above is beyond all words. And tragic and senseless the deaths of innocent Israelis are, the Palestinians have always had an infinitely worse deal. All the terrorist bombings we have suffered over here and you have suffered over there don't even begin to compare with the conditions those people live in.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    When an IDF soldier gets up in the morning he doesn’t go out intent on killing Palestinians. He goes out to serve his/her country and defend it. Although there have been a miniscule number of cases where an IDF soldier has deliberately murdered an innocent Palestinian it is extremely rare. Now compare that to a Palestinian terrorist. Their sole aim is to murder Jews.

It is undisputable fact that the majority of Israeli losses in this conflict are non-combatants whilst the majority of Palestinian losses are combatants.

Very good.

Sabra and Shatila anyone?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    When an IDF soldier gets up in the morning he doesn’t go out intent on killing Palestinians. He goes out to serve his/her country and defend it. Although there have been a miniscule number of cases where an IDF soldier has deliberately murdered an innocent Palestinian it is extremely rare. Now compare that to a Palestinian terrorist. Their sole aim is to murder Jews.

It is undisputable fact that the majority of Israeli losses in this conflict are non-combatants whilst the majority of Palestinian losses are combatants.

they may no intend to kill civlians, the people who command them do as whenever you hear of an IDF attack they say "x palestinians killed" not saying how many were actually militants

the IDF soldiers i have nothing against, theyre led to believe theyre doing it for a good cause by the sharon party
  • Options
    Like it or not, Israel is an exception.

Why?
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv
    Why?

It’s a very unique situation. It’s a country pretty much surrounded by enemies. It’s a Western developed country where terrorist attacks are extremely frequent; as I said earlier a day rarely goes by without some kind of incident and large scale terrorist attacks as the one described in the original post of this thread seem more frequent there than tube strikes do here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FFC85
    Very good.

Sabra and Shatila anyone?

While Sharon acted completely disgusting by ignoring what was happening (or prefering his sleep as some were saying) it wasn't an Israeli action.
  • Options
    "While hundreds of Palestinians took to the streets in major cities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip to celebrate the double suicide bombings in Beersheba, Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat reiterated his call for sacrificing millions of martyrs to liberate Jerusalem."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1093921795440

How on earth can Israel be expected to seriously negotiate with somebody who is calling for 'sacrificing millions of martyrs'?
  • Options
    Good lord, I've hit the mother of all payloads were I terrorist sympathizer. Where do I sign up? :p

NO EXCUSE to target civilians! Let their God deal with them...and I'm banking that there will be no virgins at that ceremony!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mrs.Thanatos
    Good lord, I've hit the mother of all payloads were I terrorist sympathizer. Where do I sign up? :p

NO EXCUSE to target civilians! Let their God deal with them...and I'm banking that there will be no virgins at that ceremony!

My theory is that the virgins are all fat ugly mutsached women, who never got married - therefore virgins. That is exactly what they deserve.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    My theory is that the virgins are all fat ugly mutsached women, who never got married - therefore virgins. That is exactly what they deserve.

Ha ha! Hence their just rewards! I like that.
  • Options
    Who here is debating? Kermit who keeps mentioning people whom he'd like to strangle why placing a barpole in their assholes? Clandestine who keeps on with his propaganda? lukesh who is stuck in his blaming on the left-wing? Aladdin who tries to promote open-mindedness yet takes any dig possible at Christians? Me who keeps repeating herself?
    Hey, what am I, chopped liver?

Appalling acts of wanton savagery. On the plus side, it keeps Conrad Black off the front page.
  • Options
    Duh, you missed the obvious. They're young, nubile... and wearing 15" strap-ons. Therefore eternally virgins.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Duh, you missed the obvious. They're young, nubile... and wearing 15" strap-ons. Therefore eternally virgins.

No, you missed the obvious :)
    The young Palestinian women who do commit suicide bombings are often the ones who aren't virgins, and need to make up for it.
  • Options
    "Mrs. Thanatos".

Why, are you really? :)

Welcome to the boards! I'm a very old friend of your hubby...
  • Options
    Last night people were talking about respect for the dead. It's not a selective standard, and you all disgust me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Last night people were talking about respect for the dead. It's not a selective standard, and you all disgust me.

Your comment doesn't bite.

1. The original comment was made pointing at a thread that had gotten replies, where no one had condemened or show compassion in any sense. Not towards people who didn't show any interest in the thread whatsoever.

2. Just got home from school/hospital, and I apologise greatly for the fact that 5 minutes into my stay at the site I haven't made a comment.

You should really start to take more notice at the essence of the points made. Second time you try out a comment of sarcasm pointed at me, which immedeatley hits the ground.
  • Options
    No, you missed the obvious :)
    The young Palestinian women who do commit suicide bombings are often the ones who aren't virgins, and need to make up for it.
    That's actually a serious point. In theory, there's no 'positive' justification for Palestinian women to blowing themselves up. They won't be greeted in the afterlife by 72 dark-eyed beef cakes. so it's all about atonement, which kind of takes the shine off the act. And I very much doubt there's anything in the Koran about women getting out of stoning and into heaven by taking a few infidels with them.

Oh, and I was wrong about Black staying off the front page (of the Independent, anyway), but phew! 400 million is a lot of money to swindle from your own company...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    That's actually a serious point. In theory, there's no 'positive' justification for Palestinian women to blowing themselves up. They won't be greeted in the afterlife by 72 dark-eyed beef cakes. so it's all about atonement, which kind of takes the shine off the act. And I very much doubt there's anything in the Koran about women getting out of stoning and into heaven by taking a few infidels with them.

Number 1, Jews are not seen as infidels according to Islam.
    2, Does the Koran say anything about bombing civilians to achieve a goal?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    "Mrs. Thanatos".

Why, are you really? :)

Welcome to the boards! I'm a very old friend of your hubby...

Mr. Thanatos is hardly the settling down type. But I'm happy to admit that I'm a good friend of his. He's the kinda guy you want to keep as a friend, as I'm sure you're aware. ;)
  • Options
    Alternatively they could for once put a REAL AND JUST peace deal on the table.

And let's not forget that the Israelis have a good share of people at all levels of power who advocate "driving every Arab out to the sea" and expanding 'Greater Israel' to even larger areas.
  • Options
    Number 1, Jews are not seen as infidels according to Islam.
    2, Does the Koran say anything about bombing civilians to achieve a goal?
    It's a question of perspective. I wasn't thinking about jews specifically, but according to my most recent research, muslims describe non-believers as 'kufar', while those who are actively opposed to Islam are 'infidels'. I don't regard the victims of suicide bombings as such in general, but for an individual to be prepared to kill them, the teachings of Islam notwithstanding...

And of course, the Koran, like the Talmud or the Bible, can be made to support any screwy notion. That's my point, that no sensible person should look for validification in those books.
  • Options
    Neighborhood Bully
    by Bob Dylan

Well, the neighborhood bully, he's just one man,
    His enemies say he's on their land.
    They got him outnumbered about a million to one,
    He got no place to escape to, no place to run.
    He's the neighborhood bully.

The neighborhood bully just lives to survive,
    He's criticized and condemned for being alive.
    He's not supposed to fight back, he's supposed to have thick skin,
    He's supposed to lay down and die when his door is kicked in.

The neighborhood bully been driven out of every land,
    He's wandered the earth an exiled man.
    Seen his family scattered, his people hounded and torn,
    He's always on trial for just being born.

Well, he knocked out a lynch mob, he was criticized,
    Old women condemned him, said he should apologize.
    Then he destroyed a bomb factory, nobody was glad.
    The bombs were meant for him.
    He was supposed to feel bad.

Well, the chances are against it and the odds are slim
    That he'll live by the rules that the world makes for him,
    'Cause there's a noose at his neck and a gun at his back
    And a license to kill him is given out to every maniac.

He got no allies to really speak of.
    What he gets he must pay for, he don't get it out of love.
    He buys obsolete weapons and he won't be denied
    But no one sends flesh and blood to fight by his side.

Well, he's surrounded by pacifists who all want peace,
    They pray for it nightly that the bloodshed must cease.
    Now, they wouldn't hurt a fly.
    To hurt one they would weep.
    They lay and they wait for this bully to fall asleep.

Every empire that's enslaved him is gone,
    Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon.
    He's made a garden of paradise in the desert sand,
    In bed with nobody, under no one's command.

Now his holiest books have been trampled upon,
    No contract he signed was worth what it was written on.
    He took the crumbs of the world and he turned it into wealth,
    Took sickness and disease and he turned it into health.

What's anybody indebted to him for?
    Nothin', they say.
    He just likes to cause war.
    Pride and prejudice and superstition indeed,
    They wait for this bully like a dog waits to feed.

What has he done to wear so many scars?
    Does he change the course of rivers?
    Does he pollute the moon and stars?
    Neighborhood bully, standing on the hill,
    Running out the clock, time standing still,
    Neighborhood bully.
  • Options
    The man can't sing for shit, but he's probably one of the most talented musicians to have walked this earth :)
  • Options
    The man can't sing for shit, but he's probably one of the most talented musicians to have walked this earth :)

Lol, true…He probably doesn’t have the best voice. Amazing lyricist though! :p