Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is Israel about to attack Iran?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Do grow up Luke. It's clearly not true.

I beg to differ.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    yeah you know aladdin don you?

I've read his posts. Clearly something you haven't done. His response that you need to 'fuck off' on the basis that you're a 'moron', seems to refute the remote truth of your statement.
  • Options
    justifly his actiosn but not mine... double standers duck!

What actions are you justifying, of course if he posts explictly that he wants to get rid of Israel totally, I'll apologise.

And I've told you about calling me duck, you don't know me, it's not my screen name and it's over familiar for you to use.
  • Options
    yes duck double standards... as you dotn moan about hsi swearing but u moan about my comments

You are being so immature. Grow up.
  • Options
    Well stop trying to play with the big boys and girls then you little troll.
  • Options
    Israel has the right to defend itself from aggression from another country.

It does not have the right to attack another country just because it has the suspicion it is developing nuclear weapons. Weapons which Israel already have illegally. In a perfect world no-one should have these weapons, however the world isn’t perfect and we have to accept that countries will develop these weapons.

Instead of trying to solve the situation with diplomacy the current government of Israel is happy to use force to solve their problem
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv
    Israel has the right to defend itself from aggression from another country.

It does not have the right to attack another country just because it has the suspicion it is developing nuclear weapons. Weapons which Israel already have illegally. In a perfect world no-one should have these weapons, however the world isn’t perfect and we have to accept that countries will develop these weapons.

Instead of trying to solve the situation with diplomacy the current government of Israel is happy to use force to solve their problem

Good summary mate.
  • Options
    aladdin won't be happy until Israel doesn't exist.

Oh dear.

You're really quite at home in Stoke aren't you?

Iran is close enough to Israel to be a threat to that sovereign nation. Israel is within its rights to take precautionary measures, really, because any country can do what it wants in the international sphere. As Israel has shown with its ignoring of the United Nations.

It doesn't mean it should, and it would certainly be very counter-productive if it did.

Iran are not threat to the United States or the UK, therefore we have no justification whatsoever. In the same way Iraq were no threat, meaning that the war was unjustifiable (as even the evil child-molesting Pope stated).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    I beg to differ.
    You can piss off as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    You can piss off as well.

Touchy.
  • Options
    Well I'm for starters pretty fed up with the extremely tiresome accusations of anti-semitism or "wishing to see Israel destroyed" thrown at anyone who dares criticise the ways of the Israeli government.

As far as I am concerned this is a disgusting manipulation of public sentiment and of the horrendous events of 1942-1945 as well as an insult to the victims. Because almost every single time such suggestions are made, be to people like me on internet boards or to media outlets such as the BBC or some newspapers, it is all insulting bollocks.

Perhaps the next time anyone here fails to criticise Israeli abuse or murder of Palestinians I will start accusing them of being racist, Muslim-hating Nazis, and see how we all like it.

And that goes for you as well Luke.
  • Options
    You're the one accusing everyone who disagrees with your position of all kind of false things, not me.

You are the one making assumptions about other people, not me.

Before you make yet another accusation of anything, please ensure you can provide evidence of your protestations.
  • Options
    Now now children.

The Israelis wouldn't get so touchy about the accusations of Nazism and fascism if they knew that it was a complete lie and totally unfounded.

Lukesh, go and read some intelligent material. Clandestine has provided a vertitable treasure-trove of materials that, whilst nto always neutral, certainly show a side to the story that the mainstream press (including the Grauniad) ignore.
  • Options
    yeah yeah aladdin i am so racist homophobic and the one beginning with a X lol what is it? werid spelling..

xenophobic.

And many of your posts come dangerously close to being racist, particularly your comments about immigration and the Arab peoples.

I know it's a tough concept for you to grasp, but not all Arabs are terrorists.
  • Options
    all i am arguing about si that when isarel attack palestine (they only really do when palestine has do something to them), you guys go insane... when its the other way round u dont say a word

Israel are in the position of power, they are the ones who can dictate the peace and can dictate when the mindless killing stops.

Israel are condemned because they breed the terrorism, their actions in the West Bank create the ideal conditions for terrorism to flourish. It is up to Israel to try to prevent the situation ion the Middle East from escalating, but instead of this the Sharon regime act like neo-fascists persecuting the Palestinian people at every opportunity.

Bully a people for long enough and they will fight back.
  • Options
    :D your so funny. i am so racist aint i?

Friends from other races doesn't prevent one from being racist.

You do go dangerously close sometimes, luke, you've been told why many times before. Every time a thread on Israel or immigration comes up you repeat the Murdoch mantra of "dirty Arab terrorists" ad infinitum.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Now now children.

The Israelis wouldn't get so touchy about the accusations of Nazism and fascism if they knew that it was a complete lie and totally unfounded.

I am apologising in advance if this is too out of tact. But it is like comparing you, to your rapist. It's just not on.
    Israel are in the position of power, they are the ones who can dictate the peace and can dictate when the mindless killing stops.

so basically you are saying that Israel takes pleasure in the bloodshed, takes pleasure in the falling tourism and the bad economy which follows?
  • Options
    i've read the whole of this thread ...and i find it quite scary.
    scary becuase it seems to be impossible to see anything but the american way to be the answer to all the worlds problems ...we HAVE to impose our distrted and failing views on the entire planet ...the only way for this world and for people ...to sucseed and be happy ...is the american uk way ...any other choice is WRONG.
    I Find that very scary ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I am apologising in advance if this is too out of tact. But it is like comparing you to your rapist. It's just not on.

No, it's more like being raped and then going on to rape another person. But then claiming that the person you raped deserved it.

so basically you are saying that Israel takes pleasure in the bloodshed, takes pleasure in the falling tourism and the bad economy which follows?

Takes pleasure? Hardly.

But Israel is the country that can call the shots, if it wanted to. Israel is the one with the F16s, the Apaches, and the power than only being a sovereign nation can bring. Instead of using this power to come to the negotiating table, and being prepared to compromise to ensure peace, the Likud agenda is to perpetuate the violence and the terrorism, all in the name of "safety".

Israel would be a much safer nation if ther Likud Party were kicked out of office, and Israel came to the negotiating table with a genuine and realistic offer. Even under the promising days of Netanyahu Israel did not go to the negotiating table with a realistic offer, although it was far preferable to the "do as we say, or we'll kill yuou all" attitude of the Likud Party and its neo-fascist agenda.
  • Options
    Excuse me Kermit, but you need to check your facts a bit. Netanyahu is indeed a Likhudnik and even more to the right than Sharon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Excuse me Kermit, but you need to check your facts a bit. Netanyahu is indeed a Likhudnik and even more to the right than Sharon.

So Kermit... Where does that out your stance on the Likud? First you compare them to Nazis, and then you say you prefer their former (future) leader.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

My mistake.

I aren't hot enough on Israeli dmoestic politics to get everything right. But the agenda (regardless of names) is still pretty obvious to me.
  • Options
    Yes, I concur with you regularly which is why ive trailed off bothering to wrestle further with those who prefer to deny and excuse the reality of Israel's historic culpability at the heart of the neverending conflict.

By and large you keep up the effort valiantly, but i fear you too may eventually see the futility in trying to open people's eyes. The zionist PR and revisionism has gone on since long before you and I were born, so its a monumental task to try to obtain any acknowledgements of the facts now.
  • Options
    I'm still here clandestine. Personally, I was horrified by the comments made in another thread, so I'm taking a break from it.
  • Options
    Israel has been a law unto itself since 1967 at the very earliest, I don't see anything changing any time soon. Too many people with too much interest in it remaining.

One can only do what one can:)