Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dry Mouth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lately been waking up with really dry mouth and cracked lips, think maybe I'm getting th flu or something but apart from that only real change is I'm actively tryign to drink more water so can't think of why the change!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happens to me when i sleep with my mouth open, mainly due to my nose being blocked by hayfever/cold it's normally one of the two :rolleyes:
    just drink loads of water and use some sort of balm for the cracked lips, you shoul dbe grand, doudt its anything too serious
    That's normal. I get like that sometimes as you're probably breathing with your month opened which will dry your lips up.
    Try keep a glass of water at your beside table; so if ya wake up, and your mouth is try; take a sip of water. And put lip balm on/vaseline to protect your lips. As my niece has that problem and has terrible dry cracked lips.
    yeah thats good advice as i used to have bad lips but its sorted now
    I think I'm getting the flu so maybe that's it.

Only other thing I can think of is I'm sung a new toothpaste form Canada for sensitive teeth - it's sensodyne but the ingredient are different ot the UK version which for me doesn't work.