Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since saturday I have had some sort of pain on the left side of my back, just where the butt begins. It's been getting stronger and stronger, and painkillers don't help. Can't walk, as it hurts so much down my leg. Haven't been to school for two days now.
My ankle started swelling a bit as well.

Anyone knows what this could be? I feel like dying and am constantly crying cause of the pains.

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Pains
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Since saturday I have had some sort of pain on the left side of my back, just where the butt begins. It's been getting stronger and stronger, and painkillers don't help. Can't walk, as it hurts so much down my leg. Haven't been to school for two days now.
    My ankle started swelling a bit as well.

Anyone knows what this could be? I feel like dying and am constantly crying cause of the pains.

no idea what it is, sorry but i would suggest making an appointment with your GP asap and in the mean time stock up on ibuprofen.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My docor doesn't have appointments until three weeks time :(

And ibuprofen isn't helping. I have the 400 mg pills (double as strong as regular, can only get them on prescription) and I might just as well be eating candy instead. Urgh.

Thanks for the try though.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    My docor doesn't have appointments until three weeks time :(

And ibuprofen isn't helping. I have the 400 mg pills (double as strong as regular, can only get them on prescription) and I might just as well be eating candy instead. Urgh.

Thanks for the try though.

as the pains are really bad and cant seem to get an appointment and stuff i would suggest considering A&E. no-one should be left in constant pain like that.

keep us updated :)
    If the doctor hasnt got any apt's go down to the hospital, if your pain is that bad, they'll see you. Hope your ok :)
    Instead of just taking Ibuprofen, take Ibuprofen AND paracetmol. One is a pain-killer and the other a muscle relaxent so that should help :)
    As the pains have improved a little (still not anywhere near ideal) I don't think I will go to the emergency room. But thanks for the tip Girl_gunner, will get my mom to see if we have that :)
    maybe its a trapped nerve, sciatica? just a suggestion.
    Someone else mentioned that to me.
    Know how one would "fix" it?

i think you really need to see the doc for medication. my mum had it a few years ago but i cant remember what she got but i know she was off work til it was better.
    Do you have a lump that feels sore at the bottem of your spine?
    A water infection perhaps?
    Attempted to go to school today. After two hours I had to call my mom to pick me up, and she took me to the emergency room.
    Apparently it's Myosis. What triggered it is unknown, but I need to function as normal as possible and do some excersizes. The doctor adviced the same combination of painkillers as Girl_gunner.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    Ouch sounds horrible, hope you get better soon :)
    Many years ago I was getting ready to go to college and turned my neck really quickly and all of a sudden was in enourmous pain, don't know what it was but even being touched hurt like hell.

All I could do was lay in bed that day and it passed after half a day, all I can say is avoid sudden movements!