Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

loading issues.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
argh. please help.

i'm using my parent's computer atm, cause mine blew up. inconsequential, really.

anyway, in the last few days this computer has started denying the existence of certain sites. this site it has no problem with, but it refuses to acknowledge the existence of most others. even ebay and google. occasionally it will find them, but the minute i hit reload, it stops being able to find them again.

what is causing this? is it a virus? and how can i make it work properly, cause it's driving me up the wall.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've run a couple of virus checks and spyware checks, and nothing has come up.

so then i thought it might be the browser, but it's doing in in IE and mozilla as well.

argh!
    Tried clearing out the local cache?
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Tried clearing out the local cache?

no effect.

so then i decided to clear out everything, history, temp internet files, cookies, and start from scratch.

no difference.

:mad:
    Sounds like your name resolution is broken - that's the stuff that turns the www.blah.com type names that we know into numbers for the computers.

It could be that your service provider is having trouble with their servers, which would account for the flakey service.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hm, I had the same thing some time ago, and it turns out my ISP's phone lines had a problem. I don't remember much, and it could be something else with you, but just saying...