Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats your fave make of guitar?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
guitars: whats your fave make?

i know fender is the most well known, but they do seem very commercial and over hypered these days....

ibanez (sp?), are really nice guitars, but i know they are pricey.

i have an encore, which is great for my needs but, it's no gig guitar, for sure.

any faves????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: whats your fave make of guitar?
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity

ibanez (sp?), are really nice guitars, but i know they are pricey.

i have an encore, which is great for my needs but, it's no gig guitar, for sure.

i also have an encore , good for fucking about and trying new shit but shitty enough

when i was a silly confused ******y nu-metal head (can you tell i hate nu metal), i thought ibanez's were the bees knees of guitars, they're alright but not great

best guitar- gibson les paul custom, ahh i wish i had £2000.
    I like all of the more modern style Ibanez and Jackson guitars, most have a good sound and they look funky.

Have always loved Les Pauls as a nice classic guitar.
    I don't care if it makes me look like some teenybopper wannabe metal guy, Fender make all the bass guitars I have ever played and liked. But then I've only been playing for year, and only been into a shop about three times.
    as a non guitar player I love the les paul, its just a pirdy and nice guitar and a nice shape.

My bro's got a really good one that I like-a blade one, its nice but I prefer the les pauls.
    i have an epiphone les paul, and it is gorgeous. my mate has an SG which is awesome as well. Gibson are still the best guitars around. Love the look of Rickenbackers, esp the 12 string one, but not had the chance to play one yet. Favourite bass is the Fender P-Bass.
    I'm looking into getting an Epiphone Les Paul Special. Stopped playing for a couple of years and feel like getting back into it again. Just want an affordable Les Paul copy with humbucker pickups.
    Re: Re: whats your fave make of guitar?
    Originally posted by turlough
    best guitar- gibson les paul custom, ahh i wish i had £2000.

My ex boyfriend has one of those, tis black and very very sexy. :)
    prs or gibson

currently i play an epiphone les paul studio gothic in which i have put emg-81 and emg-85 active humbuckers, just like zakk wylde. :D
    my mate has the epiphone axe guitar as used by guy off static x cost hom £300 it looks great one problem is even with the neck strap it off balance

i have an encore myself to learn on and a 10w yahmaha amp that cost me £35
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    i have an encore myself to learn on and a 10w yahmaha amp that cost me £35

wow........:eek: 35 quid? my god thats cheap, i payed about 80 for mine and then had to spend another 40 quid on a hard case to get it back to spain....grrrr bloody bmi baby
    Gibson Les Paul are the best IMO. They sound so clean. I think Fenders can sound too harsh. Plus the GLPs are what The Darkness play :D
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    wow........:eek: 35 quid? my god thats cheap, i payed about 80 for mine and then had to spend another 40 quid on a hard case to get it back to spain....grrrr bloody bmi baby

guitar cost me £30 2nd hand from car boot and amp cost me £35 2nd hand from cash converters
    My bro has an SG too-or he may have sold it to upgrade-I can't remember-he gets trough so many!

Any of you midland siters been to PMT in Brum-they have the largest guitar wall in europe and I can honestly say it left me gobsmacked to see the amount of guitars-They said the most expensive one was £10,000 if I remember correctly. Great shop too-the bro got a pod dirt cheap!!

Do yo guys upgrade to new guitars or more expensive if bought new but actually bought second hand?
    If a Strat is good enough for Clapton, then it's good enough for me...