Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Identity Card

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, I think I read about this somewhere but I can't find it now so sorry to ask again!

I'm from Portugal but moving to Manchester in few weeks. Was wondering if in clubs or whatever else, they will accept my Portuguese ID card if I wanna get in anywhere. Am taking my passport obvs and will be getting a student union card probably too, but was just wondering!

Fanx!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    most pubs and clubs only accept passports or driving licences. i have heard of some that only accept full driving licences rather than provisional. So i think it would be best to take your passport.
  • Options
    In my home town you need to have a passport or driving license, but in my uni city, especially on student nights, a student's union card is fine. It's a bit of a hassle taking passport out and not great if you lose it, so maybe the first time try out your student's union card or your other ID card and see what happens, I doubt you'll have a problem.
  • Options
    I know, I'll spend the night stressing about trying not to lose my passport!
    K, thanx for the reply!
  • Options
    durin the week on student nights out, your student card will be fine. as for weekends, if your portguese ID has got your date of birth on it and its not handwritten, you SHOULD be alright. i say should because some bouncers round these parts can be proper knobjockeys when they want to be. but yeah i wouldnt worry about it.
  • Options
    in portugal, you have a nation ID card that everyone haves, don't you?

if this is the case I see no reason why they wouldn't accept this, as it is just as good as a driving license over here, ie, non-forgable, and has a picture and your DOB on it:)