Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i sort of need some help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this is wayyyy early... but i was wondering if you guys could help me think of some gift ideas for my boyfriend...

he's attending a military school but he's going to come see me exactly two days after christmas and he's leaving exactly two days before his birthday..
and i won't get to see him again after that until like the summer so i want to get him something really really nice... it doesn't necessarily have to be expensive... i would rather it be something sentimental... but expensive is okay too... and it has to be super awesome because it's two gifts combined as one... soooo if you could help.. that would be GREAT!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a stanley knife with a rose attached to the end

seriously, how about give him a great big hug and a kiss, who needs presents, if you truly love him and vice versa, a hug and a kiss will do.
    If you want it to be something meaningful then it has to come from you, no one except you and your boyfriend know what is special and "sentimental" to your relationship...so something someone else suggests probably won't ring true.

It's not difficult to do something special for someone, at least not usually...think back to things you've done, the best times you've had together. If you wanted to recreate one of those good experiences then maybe you could, or you could make a scrapbook of photographs, leaflets and flyers from places and events you've been to, little love letters, poems. It all depends how romantic, and indeed, how creative you are.

Personally, while I think it's nice to get something handmade, or sentimental, I'd rather have a well-thought out, yet practical gift. To me, that would show that they cared about me far better than a million love letters and red roses ever could. You say he's going to military school, so why not give him something practical he could use while he's there? I don't know exactly what's done at military school (although it doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs) but maybe an item of clothing, books, a photo album that you could start to fill for him, a photo of the pair of you, CDs or tapes that you know he likes or that have special meaning to him, or to you both. I know I'm being very boring here, but I'm just trying to toss out ideas :) What about something like a watch, a pair of sunglasses, (if he wears one) a chain, a belt. It would be a really nice idea if you could couple romanticism with practicality - get him something he'll actually use in everyday life (and thus, think of you whenever he uses it) as well as something that's very personal, and sweet, and possibly something you've made yourself.

Obviously as said before, you shouldn't need to buy him a material gift, but it is nice especially since you're going to be apart for a while. Think hard about what would be special to him, what would bring a smile to his face...and then maybe think about taking him out somewhere he'd really enjoy, that you'd both really enjoy, before he goes - and then you'll have that happy memory to part on :)
    find a great picture of the two of you, buy a really nice little frame, and give him something to take back to school with him :)
    thanks for the replies... i think i gonna go with the scrapbook one though... lol

because as much as i love hugging him and kissing him.... he can't take that back with him...

would it be weird if i got him a promise ring?