Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What on earth is up? Abdominal pain!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I woke up at 5 ish this morning with incredible pain in my abdomen! It's swollen up and hurts so bad. Might be linked with anxiety; except I've had anxiety pains before and this is a lot worse; feels like something crawled up my intestines and died and is swelling up :confused: I don't know. So painful! It's really annoying becuase I didn't get much sleep last night and being woken at 5 just makes it worse. I feel like I want to go for a poo some of the time but am heavily constipated. Hmph, this isn't fun. Was thinking of ringing NHSdirect but then I didn't. Please help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where abouts in your abdomen is the pain?

The NHS Direct Self Help Guide may help you in clarifying your symptoms?

You mentioned feeling like you are constipated, well erm, when was the last time you went to the toilet?
    Get yourself to a doctor for a check up. Now.
    :D
    if you've not been to the loo for a while, then your belly does hurt like hell.

if by swelling, you mean you can feel hard lumps, or that you are very bloated, then that's (excuse the graphicness) a build up of matter and gas.

if by swelling you mean your whole belly is swollen and firm, then get to a doctor now.

if you have any other symptoms (fever, vomiting) again, get to a doctor now.
    Try some Windeeze, see if they help.
    try mint tea, the cat possision in yoga, and if it's like this for more than a day and you've taken rennies stuff, and normalish bowl movements, go to the doctors. i had a serious problem with my stomach when it was like that, but i can asure you that you haven't got that....:) get well soon sweetie!
    Hmmm by the sounds of what people habe said I should go to a doctor. I did manage to survive all through today with the pain though :mad:. It's not as bad as it was now though, so if it's better tomorrow I'll leave it up to my body to fix it and not bother with the doctors. I'll see tomorrow, good night! And tahnks for the advice!
    Doctors :yes:
    Pain gone now, it was probably gas, thanks for the advice though but I don't think it warrants seeing the doctor now :p