Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

oo, help quick please, dont know what to wear!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so late minute thing, just been asked to go to an after wedding party thing at 8ish tonight. Thing is, i havent got a clue what sort of thing to wear! What should i wear? x

Comments

• Options
    Re: oo, help quick please, dont know what to wear!
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Ok, so late minute thing, just been asked to go to an after wedding party thing at 8ish tonight. Thing is, i havent got a clue what sort of thing to wear! What should i wear? x

wear something dressy like a skirt and a glittery top, basically wear something you feel comfortable in and stuff.
  • Options
    As it's the evening "do" and not the actual wedding, you can pretty much wear whatever you like...although trackie bottoms and slippers probably aren't recommended ;)

Basically wear what you would wear to go out for a meal with friends or family, or even what you'd wear to go on a night-out, but toned down a little. Trousers or smart jeans with a dressy top and heels, a (not too short) skirt...denim or otherwise..with flats or mules and again, a dressy top. You could wear a dress if you so wished, with a little bag and some strappy shoes. Basically you can wear anything, there's no real decorum for wedding receptions, smart and/or dressy clothes - but you don't want to look like you're out on the pull or anything...there are bound to be some grandparents there :)
  • Options
    Ahhh... I'm on the same boat, well least I'm invited to my mates' Brothers wedding party in a couple of weeks. No idea what to wear; probably do what Briggi said *nods*

Never been to a wedding party, except me sisters; though that didn't go well so bad example... as me dad left early over disliking who my sister chose to marry; I was like 9 and had no choice but to leave with him :nervous:

Anyways... hehe - Hope you have a good time. :)
  • Options
    I'd wear the kinda thing you might wear out - though tone it down a bit. I know it's not the actual wedding but you don't wanna look like you're off clubbing.

Have a nice time. :D