Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Missing Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just thinking of some of the mad parties/raves i've been to in the past 2/3 years, some of the best times of my life all because of drugs and you see some people who go their whole lives without drinking or taking drugs and you just think, holy fuck they've missed out on an oppurtunity of a lifetime, i know this is more of a rant than a point but its just a reflection of mine

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean, some of the best times of my life have been at parties or raves, and while rushing/tripping. The kind of memories that you'll never forget and always treasure but you can't really say that people who don't take drugs or go to raves have missed out because people get their kicks in different ways.
  • Options
    some of my best friends now are people ive randomly talked to whilst tripping / pilled up, i always have loads of confidence talking to people i dont know, and they has helped me, as some of these random people ive talked to at parties and such are actually good friends now
  • Options
    Well its not clubbing drugs, nor is it that I lead a very interesting life, but the best times I've had was when I was stoned. Looking back now, when I'm high and remenece of days past, all the good times, the fun times, the times that I remember were things that happened when we were all stoned. Pretty much every story starts out "dude, this one time when I was high..." and goes from there. Granted they may still be dull and uninteresting to anybody else, to me and the people I was with, they were the times of our lives.
  • Options
    Whenever I've gone to clubs I've never been on anything. The farthest I've gone drug-wise was acid, but that was at some kids house and I was a bit pissed. I've never done E or any other stimulant (unless you count nicotene :rolleyes: ). I smoke cannibus occasionally, but never around big crowds or anything. I never get paranoid or anything, it's just I'd rather be alone or with a couple of friends when I'm on cannibus.

I do agree though, clubs are pretty boring without something in your system.
  • Options
    i'd smoke the odd joint and have a co before i head anywere, gets you in the mood :D
  • Options
    i mostly agree with all thats been said but ...you can laugh and smile and have equaly good but different times without any chemical help. thinking otherwise is the road to addiction.
    when i was trying to come off smack there was a fear inside me ...part of the addiction ...that i would never be able to have a good time again.
    when i finaly got off that shit ...i cried like a baby one morning ...then had giggles at nothing at all ...i was confused ...
    what it was was my emotions and feelings all flooding back.
    i didn't know it but i hadn't laughed propperly in years ...hafdn't actualy felt anything ...just went through the motions.
    comfortably numb was an understatement!
  • Options
    I'm paranoid now that since I've stopped taking pills etc I can't have a good time, to be honest I still feel like it now.

I love the loved up atmosphere ya know?

I dunno where I am at the moment :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    I'm paranoid now that since I've stopped taking pills etc I can't have a good time, to be honest I still feel like it now.

I love the loved up atmosphere ya know?

I dunno where I am at the moment :(
    reminds me of a song ...'no more dancing now that i'm sober'.
  • Options
    i've been doing pills for bout 2 years now and im 24 now. im glad i started at 22 so at least i have a bit of maturity about it.
    and i've had some of the best nites/partys of my life. theres a club i goto where at least 95% of the people are off it and i wouldnt swop the nites i have there for anything! i dont think people that dont use drugs are missing out i just wish they wouldnt judge. i know i'd be shunned at work if the older people there knew what i got upto at a weekend. i here shit like "cocaine... one sniff and your addicted... blah blah..." "an old woman got mugged.... that'll be druggies..." yes of course it is....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was just thinking of some of the mad parties/raves i've been to in the past 2/3 years, some of the best times of my life all because of drugs and you see some people who go their whole lives without drinking or taking drugs and you just think, holy fuck they've missed out on an oppurtunity of a lifetime

good lad! you've obviously taken full advantage of your time at college, i know i did! :thumb:

my feelings about this are probably best encapsulated by the final pub scene in the film Human Traffic (a film that alot of ignorant stoners represent as being their 'Bible' or icon and completely missing the point).

The film shows the drugs experiences of people (positive and negative) in a representative manner, crucially aknowledging that this is a PART of their wider lives.

What people forget about Human Traffic is that aside from all the 'kewl-as-fuck' quotable moments, these characters all call it quits at the end of the film AND GO ON WITH LIFE. This is something alot of people missed about the film (its genius, is its ability to make a film almost entirely about clubbing and drugs which doesnt inflate itself out of proportion with the wider lives of the protagonists).

'When the come-down, out ways the good times, you know the party's over man...'

it was for me 3 years ago and i am happy with that.

Human Traffic made me want to take ecstasy in 1999.

I watched it again last night and it completely killed my desire to take pills again by reminding me why i stopped, and how lucky i was to have stopped then.

I apologise for the lengthy post but i just had to reply with this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

The film shows the drugs experiences of people (positive and negative) in a representative manner, crucially aknowledging that this is a PART of their wider lives.

What people forget about Human Traffic is that aside from all the 'kewl-as-fuck' quotable moments, these characters all call it quits at the end of the film AND GO ON WITH LIFE. This is something alot of people missed about the film (its genius, is its ability to make a film almost entirely about clubbing and drugs which doesnt inflate itself out of proportion with the wider lives of the protagonists).

'When the come-down, out ways the good times, you know the party's over man...'

it was for me 3 years ago and i am happy with that.

Human Traffic made me want to take ecstasy in 1999.

I watched it again last night and it completely killed my desire to take pills again by reminding me why i stopped, and how lucky i was to have stopped then.

I apologise for the lengthy post but i just had to reply with this.

i know what you mean, i have been told on many occassions when clean off my head talking to "experienced" drug users to enjoy the moment, while you're in it, life does move on, thats why i'm doing it all now, there's the rest of my life to settle down, have a family, mortage, all that SHIT associated with "life", i don't wanna become one of those 20 somethings, confused with drugs, sorta taking pills, then regretting, just party till you face the real world, and even then you've always got the odd joint to smoke to keep you on the straight and narrow.
  • Options
    im not even sure its about 'cleaning up and moving on' as it were, more about how i took experiences from it and stopped when it started to lead down a very nasty road.

Mortgage, house, kids fuck that at the moment. I didnt give up beacause i need to attain those things, i gave up to allow me to be in the position to make the most of the life that exists before i get to all of that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    im not even sure its about 'cleaning up and moving on' as it were, more about how i took experiences from it and stopped when it started to lead down a very nasty road.

Mortgage, house, kids fuck that at the moment. I didnt give up beacause i need to attain those things, i gave up to allow me to be in the position to make the most of the life that exists before i get to all of that.

what i was getting at is that i know pill taking etc will lead down to a nasty road, and i know that already before i go too far, thats why i'm doing all the partying now then stopping full stop instead of wheening of it, which in turn will help me prepare more for the future.

sounds like you've had some bad experiences, how bad was your pill problem, any specific moment when you just thought "this is the end"
  • Options
    turlough; man i really dont mean to hijack your thread with a 'we had a laugh but lets play safe now kids' campaign, something i want to make very clear if i didnt already is that he has a point.

drug users are afforded experiences that non users are not, and if it were not for the negatives outweighing the positives

I WOULD STILL BE TAKING E!!!

It was a fantastic experience, but one that needs alot of respect
  • Options
    i know what you mean, i'm not that big off a druggy, i've never gone out and took 10 pills in one night or nothing stupid like that, i've always looked at drugs in a sensible way and i respect them alot. and i know when the magic stops happening i'll stop the use, i'll not be taking even more drugs to keep the buzz going.
    i'm just trying to say that it's better getting the best days of your life over and done with before you become a brain dead pensioner.
  • Options
    yea turlough.:rolleyes:

You talk alot of shiy.