Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Manchester Accomodation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, I just received all the details bout my residence - Dalton-Ellis Hall, (Manchester) and there are soo many rules and regulations. It all seems really formal and "posh", if you know what I mean.

I was wondering if any is has stayed there before, and if so, is it really that formal, and if any is gonna go there in Sept? Or is it like this in all places? It's just that my friend is going to Surrey and as I was telling her all this she was like....we don't have that!

Well, was just wondering!

x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dalton is quite posh. They have quite a few events there during the year but you're not required to take part in them if you don't want to.

The rules and regulations are there for a reason but are not as strict as they appear.

I reckon the poshest hall is St Anselms (men only). This may be idle gossip but apparently they have to phone the warden personally to tell him their exam results.
    As were on the subject of manchester accomdation.... anyone got any opinions on "new medlock house" (sorry not trying to hijack the thread)
    Great...am starting to regret choosing that place now!
    Nah i'd think student accomdation is all quite the same really...... well hopefully....i had a big book of rules etc but its all pretty common sense really
    Lol, yep. Fanx for the reassurance!