Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unaffected by dope?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, coming from me this is going to sound crazy, but I'm in a serious relationship with someone more "worldly" than me, and while being with him I have dabbled in both solid and green and neither seem to affect me. I just feel the same as if I'd been smoking a normal cigarette. I have never smoked more than one spliff of cannabis or marijuana. Would I need 2 or 3 to get me high? Is this common? Also, I take each breath really slowly or it hurts my chest and my throat. I'm not looking to take up smoking as a regular thing, I'm just curious as to what's normal with regards to this stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm, your asking a few questions there.

Most users dont really get much from their first few attempts, either they arent holding it in properly or for one reason or another it doesnt work.

I presume that you have smoked before so you know how to breathe in after each drag on the joint and then hold it. Some users dont and, well, if you havent been shown how are you to know?

As for, should one joint get me stonned? Well, how long is a piece of string, some people take more to get stonned than others and obviously it depends on how much of what strength you put in the joint.
  • Options
    when i first started smoking i was surrounded by its use 24/7 so just smoked it. didn't do a thing for me until one day ...i got the giggles.
    don't up your intake ...just have a few puffs here and there and then one time ...it will hit you and work everytime thereafter.
    you don't want the first time to be like a truck hitting you ...
  • Options
    I used to find it didn't have much of an effect until I decided to roll a ridiculously huge spliff and ended up practically deaf and walking into doors and sofas. All I could hear was what sounded like chirping crickets, and could only see people's mouths moving. My head felt freezing cold and as though it was about to explode. It was a horrible experience, and only because I'd thought that just smoking a far larger amount in stupidly big drags would increase the effects.

I'd recommend just carry on having one spliff but make sure you're holding it down. Of course if it's hurting your chest, it might be best you do it pretty rarely. I find it just kinda makes me feel ill when it does that and I end up not wanting to smoke at all.
    Also, smoke skunk rather than solids. Solids tend to have a much lesser effect.
  • Options
    Use smoking games to get mashed, like traffic lights where you have to hold the smoke till the joint gets back to you. Works best with 2,3,5 people etc, but the more people the more it hurts.

Of course ive only tried this with cigz, smoking weed is still illlegal:naughty:

Bopz
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice peeps. I know about holding a drag in, that's not what hurts me, it's if I take in too much at once. But I'll remember what you've all said next time the ball and chain skins up :cool:
  • Options
    Try heating up some solid and mixing it with a yoghurt. you will feel the effects after about 15 minutes.

Actually no don't do that because it will probably just make you sick if you're not used to dope.

Instead, I'd say just take it easy, do small drags but keep them in and make sure you inhale properly, and do it often enough so that it makes a difference before you pass it on.

Also, you probably wont notice the effect as much if you're all thinking and tense about it.

Yus.

After a while you'll get bored of it anyway :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    thats what i keep telling my wives ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

i'l never get bored of it, i can see myself still smoking it when im in my 50's. the world is just so much more chilled out after a nice smoke
  • Options
    Smoke a couple of pure joints of grass and you should be fucked. That's presuming you're getting decent quality grass, which isn't what most people will sell you (they'll smoke most of the big buds with their pals, and sell you the leftovers). As for hash, aka shitebar, forget joints - use your bong. Or make a spacecake/yogurt, you should get the desired effect.
  • Options
    first time i smoked i didnt feel anything the first few tokes but after that it just hit me and i got pretty stoned...that was with skunk and i only had about half a spliff in total.
  • Options
    I think generally this is why people think smoking is shit
    "oh i tried it and it had no effect"
    well its the same for alcohol it used to take me loads to get pissed and well i guess once youve had a bit and realise the feeling you will appreciate or dislike it more.

I started smoking and couldnt roll for shit i had massive bits sparsly over the "joint" so i was getting very short buzzes while smoking it.

If the ball and chain can roll well then im sure if you partake in a session with him youll get waisted
    .matt
  • Options
    Yea, my friend was like this she always thought it didnt affect her, but one day it did. you can become 'immune' to weed, but only if u smoke lots of it often, it happened to me so i just cutdown.
  • Options
    I smoke near enough every day and i'm yet to becomce immune lol, i think what you are trying to say is that you can build a slight tolerance to weed, and i have noticed that after smoking one particular strain for a week, yes by the end of the week the effects can be weaker, but as i move to another strain then all that dissapears...
  • Options
    yea, in a way, at one point i could smoke a couple of joints and not be that affected, of any strain. My mates sister did the same, but instead of realisng she shud cut down, smokd more and got really paranoid and nearly failed her alevels, shes quit now, but she sed shes gonna wait a while till she starts smoking again...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    when i first started smoking i was surrounded by its use 24/7 so just smoked it. didn't do a thing for me until one day ...i got the giggles.
    don't up your intake ...just have a few puffs here and there and then one time ...it will hit you and work everytime thereafter.
    you don't want the first time to be like a truck hitting you ...

I agree totally, I'd had a couple of drags here and there and it didn't hit me, so one time I wanted to be really stoned, so I smoked loads of spliffs and did loads of blowbacks, handpipes, things like that. I was sick for two hours.

Moral of the story, don't overdo it if it hasn't hit you yet :p
  • Options
    one word.

buckets. The only way to push your high on marijuana