Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best way to learn French?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Went on holiday to Paris for a week in July and sat on the Eurostar on the way back decided that I was going to (re)start learning French again, so next time I go, I'll actually be able to understand a lot more than my GCSE grade D 3 years ago allowed. I know it won't be easy, but this time I'm actually motivated.

Since I'm a poor (recently ex-)student and don't have money to spend on evening classes or long trips to France, I was wondering if anyone got any ideas/recommendations on good 'teach yourself' courses - the ones that i'm likely to find in the bookshop. Or alternatively good internet resources and the like.

Thanks...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to france or quebec for immersion.
    if you wanna pick it up then your best bet would to live out in the country, if you cant do that then try doing some courses at your local institute :D
    Try to organise some sort of Student exchange through your school.
    U can the live with the french parenst family cutting down cosrts and food etc: and having to speak it n everyday life and at school will drag you up. Worked very successfuly in our school but regret not doing it in my year- c'est la vie