Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Clubbing in London?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i really fancy going clubbing in London, but I dont know where there is anything good anymore.

Not really too fussed as to whats playing as im quite ecelectic in musical taste, but i dont want to be hanging aruond with wannabe gangsta's if you know what i mean.

any help appreciated.

Manda
xxxxxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know every bloody club is full of wannabe gangsters, and gangsta lovers, its really sad and annoying, erm mean fidller salrite for just a nite out with mate to alternative/metal music
    Re: Clubbing in London?
    Originally posted by Mandz_85
    i really fancy going clubbing in London, but I dont know where there is anything good anymore.

Not really too fussed as to whats playing as im quite ecelectic in musical taste, but i dont want to be hanging aruond with wannabe gangsta's if you know what i mean.

any help appreciated.

Manda
    xxxxxx

If you're looking for somethng in London onthe 28th August then give us a bell, friend has a wicked Boat Party takign place on the night with onboard DJ 300+ People should be there - then off clubbing in Ministry.
    Dont go to Ministry is the souless home of corperate clubbing.

Turnmills is quite good, you do get a smattering of coke heads but normally its a good vibe, The Gallery is good hardhouse but not the repetative shite.

Raindance is good at SE1, proper raving in the early 90's style. Again there's normally a few coke users but most people are really nice.

Elation puts on THE BEST parties in the UK, but they are rare and not for the faint hearted.
    hey i ll be me too il London by the end of august

i went one time at Ministry on a saturday session but the week after wasn t very good

i like all kind music but normally with my gorls & fellas we prefer

house music!

any suggest please?;)
    I just gave you two!
    You could check out Fabric just outside farringdon station on the metro line which play drum and base and hip hop

OR

ARENA in watford on the metro line which play mainly R n B
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Dont go to Ministry is the souless home of corperate clubbing.

Turnmills is quite good, you do get a smattering of coke heads but normally its a good vibe, The Gallery is good hardhouse but not the repetative shite.

Raindance is good at SE1, proper raving in the early 90's style. Again there's normally a few coke users but most people are really nice.

Elation puts on THE BEST parties in the UK, but they are rare and not for the faint hearted.
    did you go to elation? I thought it was just me and a couple of mates that knew about it.
    The atmosphere was amazing and there were no wanna be gangstas.
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    You could check out Fabric just outside farringdon station on the metro line which play drum and base and hip hop

OR

ARENA in watford on the metro line which play mainly R n B
    Now fabric is a wanna be gangsta haven, but their so loved up on E that there are hardly and fights.
    Good for drum and bass bad for old school dance, easy to get to though.
    Originally posted by Jinx
    did you go to elation? I thought it was just me and a couple of mates that knew about it.
    The atmosphere was amazing and there were no wanna be gangstas.

Only you and your mates? I've never been clubbing in London in my life and I've heard of Elation.

Some good tunes coming out of the Elation lot (Ponder, Wizbit etc) - keep an eye out. :p
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Only you and your mates? I've never been clubbing in London in my life and I've heard of Elation.

Some good tunes coming out of the Elation lot (Ponder, Wizbit etc) - keep an eye out. :p
    I thought it was only through word of mouth that people knew about it.
    Its a concrete shit hole with some wicked tunes. You know the cybered up glasses and glow sticks had to come out to play. Not to mention the table full of shiney things thats great when your off your noodle.
    Shit, did you go then? What was Sharkey's set like? Oh dont tell me I dont want to know it will only make missing it even bloody worse.

I just didnt have the money, well no technically I do have the money but its not that simple.

I've been going to Elation for years, I went to their First Birthday back when they were in Vaxhall.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Shit, did you go then? What was Sharkey's set like? Oh dont tell me I dont want to know it will only make missing it even bloody worse.

I just didnt have the money, well no technically I do have the money but its not that simple.

I've been going to Elation for years, I went to their First Birthday back when they were in Vaxhall.
    It was wicked you should have been there, sharky played the mid morning set yeah, between 2 and 4ish? If that was him he was on fire.
    Im sure you could have spared the money, always cheap for a bean.
    Arse! Thats just plain not fair, the mrs wouldnt have let me go anyway, we had plans. I am going to make an effort to go to the next one though.
    Drum and bass = cargo and fabric

I personally prefer cargo, its smaller and has a fantastic sound system - went to see asian dub foundation there.

R&B/Commercial = funky buddha, opium, 333, elysium

actually, elysium is abit shite. Opium is great fun, 333 is good if you want something along Fulham Road.

Ministry, I've only been too twice, both on student nights which is usually cheap and cheerful.

The mean fiddler on friday nights....or is it saturday nights.....has a really good club night for punk rawk/alternative.

Am currently looking for a house/rave/early 90's/eurodance club.
    the slimelight - islington
    thats if its still there.
    Admittedly I havent been for years. Im not a London fan.
    slimelights is still there and going strong :)

does seem to be a fair amount of mansonites who go there now though.

good fif you like your goth/ebm/indutrial music.
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    Drum and bass = cargo and fabric

I personally prefer cargo, its smaller and has a fantastic sound system - went to see asian dub foundation there.

Have you been to The End for their drum and bass nights, their sound system is top.
    yea, the end is pretty good, I still prefer cargo though - admitadly havnt been to the end in aggeesss.