Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Learning the Guitar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
To cut a long story short. Because of the timetable columns at school I had to pick Intermediate 2 Music unless I wanted to go insane.

We have to learn 2 instruments and I've decided on the Keyboard and one other. I have the chance to learn basic guitar and I really need to be able to understand how to read the chords.

Is there anything you guys could help with? Easy songs to learn, really good sites etc. I edid look bit it's all gobbledeygook to me :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I learnt basic guitar off of the internet, I cannot remember the exact sites, but if you search around for sites with tutorials on how to read tabulature and how to use it then it becomes very easy from there and you can just search for songs off tab archives and learn them yourself. Beats any damn music teacher.
    Not that it matters, but I'll need to learn Keyboard too. I have a yamaha PSS 170 that I havent played seriously like since I got it age 8 or something. Im thinking of getting a new better and bigger one but money is a real drawback. Anyone know any good ones that are quite cheap?
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I think Tab Crawler have tutorials on there for learning songs on guitar, and there's plenty of songs on there too. Best stuff to start off learning is always something like Oasis, all easy chords that'll get you used to changing from one to another. Once you get those darned chord changes sorted, playing guitar is coo. :)
    im learning from http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa071200d.htm

i got to the 3rd lot of lessons im learning blues scales now

good luck dude :)
    some URLs:

www.wholenote.com
    here I learned quite a bit. it's very well done!

www.chordfind.com
    a chord finder for vaious musical intsruments.

www.ultimate-guitar.com
    lot's of pretty good guitar tabs

have fun! :)
    OLGA is a great place, It has guitar tabs for absolutely everything, if I ever need tabature, I go there. :)
    I did Intermediate 2 music in 6th year for a skive. You really don't need to consider it learning an instrument. You just spend an entire year practicing the same piece until you can play it over and over.