Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

French Help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is this translation ok?
English- Examine the different interpretations of 'En Attendant Godot'
French- Examinent les interpretations differentes d'En Attendant Godot
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Examine should be in the imperative, as its an instruction you are giving to the reader.

So it should be Examinez.
  • Options
  • Options
    Is this A Level coursework, by any chance?!

If it is, your teacher is allowed to help you write the title. It's a correct translation but the exam board are v fussy about how the title is written, so you'll need to chat it over with a teacher.

Bonne chance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Is this A Level coursework, by any chance?!

If it is, your teacher is allowed to help you write the title. It's a correct translation but the exam board are v fussy about how the title is written, so you'll need to chat it over with a teacher.

Bonne chance.
    Yeh it is. I wanted to try get the title right for when we go back, so they know I'm serious about wanting to stay on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Yeh it is. I wanted to try get the title right for when we go back, so they know I'm serious about wanting to stay on.
    Ok, well one thing I can say is that the examiners like you to set a very specific task including a personal response, like "how far do you agree...?", so maybe you could have a bash at a title like that which would work with your theme? If you need owt, just PM me or catch me on MSN!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Ok, well one thing I can say is that the examiners like you to set a very specific task including a personal response, like "how far do you agree...?", so maybe you could have a bash at a title like that which would work with your theme? If you need owt, just PM me or catch me on MSN!

I may do that, thanks :)