Home Travel and Free Time Creative

art

124

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heres a quick sketch of lipsy so dont crucify me if its not quite proportionate, I drew it strait from the computer so I couldnt grid it like I'd normaly do:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/myartcollection/lipsy2.bmp
    Oh and lipsy if you see this and you dont like it or whatever I'll delete it. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Heres a quick sketch of lipsy so dont crucify me if its not quite proportionate, I drew it strait from the computer so I couldnt grid it like I'd normaly do:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/myartcollection/lipsy2.bmp
    Oh and lipsy if you see this and you dont like it or whatever I'll delete it. :)

    Looks good although i don't knwo what she looks like & can't be arsed to look through the long thread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Started on the outline of mine, think I'll paint it!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Started on the outline of mine, think I'll paint it!
    show off! Fine I'll pen and ink my next stage!
    ner ner na ner na :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    show off! Fine I'll pen and ink my next stage!
    ner ner na ner na :p
    LOL! Well, for someone who's had to undergo intense painting classes for the past year because they feared paint beforehand I think it's only right I use it to the max ;)!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By the way, liked the pencil sketch.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    By the way, liked the pencil sketch.
    Thanks but its wrong in so many ways, I admire your determination. I still can't paint!
    I've always been scared of paint, seem to get along with pen and ink better.
    How long before you finish yours?
    The sketch took me about 20mins and a pen and ink will take about 2hours. Paint must take ages?!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, because painting is such a huge part of art, I figured I should learn to use, rather than cower from it all my life.

    You should see my first attempt, the paint is dribbling off the subject area!

    Paint doesn't take long. You'll find that the use of light and dark makes the picture. I'll be finished sometime next week - just don't expect a masterpiece.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, and I think you have a certain style where the eyes are over emphasized which gives the piece character.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Oh, and I think you have a certain style where the eyes are over emphasized which gives the piece character.
    You noticed that? Yeah I get alot of influence from anime and manga art, I also try and make the lips a little more lusious.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jinx that's really good!!

    So, who else are you going to draw then? ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by schokolade
    Jinx that's really good!!

    So, who else are you going to draw then? ;)
    I think someone fishing for a portrait. I still havent totally finished lipsy I did her in pen and ink but the nose isnt quite right.
    who would you suggest?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by schokolade
    I think you should go 4 kaffrin or girl with sharp teeth, theyre both good pictures!!

    :p

    To draw me, you'd have to have a picture first, right?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you involved in the art industry, Jinx?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by schokolade
    :p

    To draw me, you'd have to have a picture first, right?
    Yeah I'd need a pic If you give me one I'll give it a go.

    And no neil I have nothing to do with the art industry, Im in manual labour actually.
    I was thinking of putting together a portfolio and seeing if I could get into a uni based on that, I only got some AS's you see. Im not sure my stuff is uni standard though. I might have to look into it. Ive never really seen uni quality work either, maybe I should go to an open day or something.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Okay, I know it's been long but work are giving me huge shifts (I worked for 11 hours 35 minutes today with just a 20 minute break!!) so please excuse the lateness of my piece.

    It's almost finished, I just need to add the finishing touches.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Okay, I know it's been long but work are giving me huge shifts (I worked for 11 hours 35 minutes today with just a 20 minute break!!)


    that's highly illegal...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Okay, I know it's been long but work are giving me huge shifts (I worked for 11 hours 35 minutes today with just a 20 minute break!!) so please excuse the lateness of my piece.

    It's almost finished, I just need to add the finishing touches.
    post it man, post it!
    And that is against the law, for every 8hours you work, you've gotta have at least an hours break, I believe.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm going to cheat, here's my pic of Frankee mmmm.



    frankee.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh no!! I was actually quite pleased with this - until I photographed it. It looks horrific, out of proportion and very messy.

    I can only apologise and assure you that the real version is ten times better :(!!

    http://www.deviantart.com/view/10194994/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I'm going to cheat, here's my pic of Frankee mmmm.



    frankee.jpg
    Lovely, but why Frankie?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    post it man, post it!
    And that is against the law, for every 8hours you work, you've gotta have at least an hours break, I believe.
    I know :mad:! But what can I do about it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Lovely, but why Frankie?

    Because she is rather sexy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Neil I like the painting its got a dark feel to it, I'm loving the colours. Whos next on your list?
    And felix, did you actually draw that?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Jinx, though it looks very child-like on the photo. As for who's next, it's up to yourself.

    Are you on MSN Messenger by any chance?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Trust me, I'm a doctor Posts: 8,303
    Originally posted by Jinx
    post it man, post it!
    And that is against the law, for every 8hours you work, you've gotta have at least an hours break, I believe.

    Yarr!! It be 4 hours work for a 1 hour break
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Neil
    Thanks Jinx, though it looks very child-like on the photo. As for who's next, it's up to yourself.

    Are you on MSN Messenger by any chance?
    I used to be but I think my accounts closed because I havent been on there for ages.

    Maybe a male this time?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No I didn't. It's a rather poor mock up of a drawing that I done quickly in Photoshop.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    I used to be but I think my accounts closed because I havent been on there for ages.

    Maybe a male this time?
    RNT :eek2:?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Yeah I'd need a pic If you give me one I'll give it a go.

    And no neil I have nothing to do with the art industry, Im in manual labour actually.
    I was thinking of putting together a portfolio and seeing if I could get into a uni based on that, I only got some AS's you see. Im not sure my stuff is uni standard though. I might have to look into it. Ive never really seen uni quality work either, maybe I should go to an open day or something.

    No no no, I don't want you to draw me!!!

    I want you to draw kaffrin and girl with sharp teeth.
Sign In or Register to comment.