Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

privatre accomadation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i go ucl in london and im starting my 2nd yr in september, being in london and all, i cant find anywhere i can afford on my budget, and places i have, i will commit suicide in them, they are that bad, dirty and depressing :(

argh what to do!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: privatre accomadation
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    i go ucl in london and im starting my 2nd yr in september, being in london and all, i cant find anywhere i can afford on my budget, and places i have, i will commit suicide in them, they are that bad, dirty and depressing :(

argh what to do!!!

i think if you are a student it's the law you have to live somewhere rubbish :(
  • Options
    Clean them up.
    Spend 2 days SCRUBBING the place clean.
    Redecorate if you have to, or plaster the walls with colorful posters. Have colorful bedding.
    You HAVE to live somewhere.
  • Options
    I had a very similar problem. Many uni's have an accomadation department where they put people together and they share a house.

I ended up in a dank bedsit, but it wasnt all bad, I had a wicked time at uni and the crapness of my accomadation spured me into getting out and about.
  • Options
    unfortunatly a lot of students trash the place they live in so for the owners of the accomodation there just isnt enough motivation to redecorate and clean the place up.

So either do as someone said and clean a place up yourself or look on the interweb for people who want to share.
    .matt
  • Options
    yup im in process of searching, and i do know student places are bad, but when the place is that bad you want to leave it from the smell and the building itself is aobut to collapse

im trying to get a place a bt further out london now as even though rent dont go down much, the quality improves a lot
  • Options
    This is something that really scares me- I don't know where to even start looking!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by schokolade
    This is something that really scares me- I don't know where to even start looking!!!
    i think generally its something that scares most people who have lived with their parents all there life but having not lived with me folks for 4 years and having shared with people during that time i can assure you after the initial shock and scaryness its the most fun you will have and be sure to enjoy it too else when ya settle down youll regret it
    .matt