Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are you ready for this... HH vs Frantic!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Slammin Vinyl.com

OH MY GOD! :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The line is pretty good, but, the line up isnt everything.

However, having said that Energy, Hixxy and the like are always good, tis a shame Sharkey isnt in that line-up. He seems to be playing less and less now a days, which is a shame.

Have you been to SE1 before? Its a good club, I like it, although it can be a little caverous and you end up just wandering around a lot.

Strange too that they are only using three rooms, SE1 can have about 8 I think.
    never been, but i've heard it slaps the shit outta the Sanctuary!
    I've never been there, and by all accounts I wont have the chance too either.

Its basically a set of railways arches, so its not that great in terms of the decor. Although SOME events do make an effort and the place looks good, Pendragon and AntiWorld really made the extra effort and the place looked top.

Raindance dont bother so much and it does end up being a little scruffy, and not in a good back alley sqwat type way.

I've never been to a Slamin' there or anywhere else so I cant comment on their effort level.

SE1 can be really good, but because its just a shell it really depends on the night and how full it is. If its a rammed night then it can be a bit annoying because there are just people everywhere and you cant sit down.

I've prefered the Trance nights I've been to there rather than the raves. Thats just my thoughts though.
    just got back...How good was that.

SE1 was fantastic, loved the decor and everything about the place.

Sy and storm were wikid, although i noticed that the main arena emptied slightly when Frantic DJ's were on :confused:

More 'Ravers' than 'Clubbers methinks, bangin night!:D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I went to SE1 when it was still The Drome and I wasn't oo impressed. It was a Raindance and a couple of people died form the heat. By all acounts that's sorted now though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

Sy and storm were wikid, although i noticed that the main arena emptied slightly when Frantic DJ's were on :confused:

Glad you had a good one mate, wish I could've gone looked a quality line-up.

Hope you showed all the 'ard 'ouse kids where it's at. :D
    Originally posted by Skive
    I went to SE1 when it was still The Drome and I wasn't oo impressed. It was a Raindance and a couple of people died form the heat. By all acounts that's sorted now though.

Yes, that was a shame wasnt it.

That wasnt strictly the Drome really, in that they had a new security company that night and thats why it got too full.

I went to about 6 nights there back before then, all of them were excellent.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

my mates who went said the same sorta thing. they sorted out some of the sound problems they had at SE1?

as for main arena emptying, when the frantic guys were on, they were probably popping to the hardcore room so they ahd a full ngiht of hardcore djs.