Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

art

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jinx
    Heres some more of my stuff: Sorry its not as good a quality as it is on my pad, I had to scan it:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/myartcollection/pudtat.bmp

i really like that one.

i'd show you my GCSE art stuff, but it's shite. i liked my A level stuff, but they got rid of it before i could pick it up :(
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i really like that one.

i'd show you my GCSE art stuff, but it's shite. i liked my A level stuff, but they got rid of it before i could pick it up :(
    Yeah I know they did that with some of my GCSE work, bastards!
    A load of my AS stuff got nicked so I ended up getting a shit mark and dropping the course, its a shame really quite liked doing it.
    you should post some of your stuff Id like to see it.
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Here are a couple of my photos...

Under the bridge

My brother's a cam whore

Carpark

Moonrat, is your brother Chaos_Insomniac or whatever? He's gorgeous (your pic and Chaos) .... ;)
    i dug some of my GCSE stuff out, and had a wee giggle to myself. these are the highlights. my drawings are ok. my paintings are laughable.

this was supposed to be my brother. he was much less pretty than this IRL though

yes, i had a slight obsession with the x-files when i was 15 :blush:

this was also my brother. got a bit crazy with the shading, i think.
    i dug some of my GCSE stuff out, and had a wee giggle to myself. these are the highlights. my drawings are ok. my paintings are laughable.

this was supposed to be my brother. he was much less pretty than this IRL though

yes, i had a slight obsession with the x-files when i was 15 :blush:

this was also my brother. got a bit crazy with the shading, i think.
    Those are some good drawings especially for GCSE.
    And when you say you had an obsession with the X-files you mean you had an obsession with mulder didnt you?!
    That sketch looks a bit like me when I had floppy hair, back in the day.
    when you say you had an obsession with the X-files you mean you had an obsession with mulder didnt you?!

busted :o

but he was so mysterious and bad at commitment.....
    busted :o

but he was so mysterious and bad at commitment.....
    I wanted scully personally, each to his/her own I guess.
    I think scully opened the ginger haired girl to the world, she was a minx, but not really as cool as mulder.
    like the mulder, it looks like what would happen if Myazaki did the x-files. Oh and liked the panther, Jinx
    Originally posted by Jim V
    like the mulder, it looks like what would happen if Myazaki did the x-files. Oh and liked the panther, Jinx
    Thank you muchly.
    Originally posted by Teagan
    Moonrat, is your brother Chaos_Insomniac or whatever? He's gorgeous (your pic and Chaos) .... ;)

Yeah yeah... very photogenic lad. Those pictures are about 2 months old, my first time I tried photography.
    Very, very photogenic! Gorgeous. Can you make me as handsome???? :angel:

Anyway, you take great photos generally .... well done. Hope you keep it up.
    I have a few pieces up on deviantart.com:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8373328/ - The background for a college project advertising the Lighthouse gallery in Glasgow.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8386859/ - GCSE projected based on an "inside - outside" theme of fish. I achieved an A!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8956438/ - The Bride from Kill Bill, done abstract in acrylic on canvas. For someone who is usually frightened to touch a paint brush I was pleased with the results.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9598867/ - O-Ren Ishii, another star of Kill Bill (Lucy Liu), done in the same medium as above. Not quite as appealing but an okay turn out.
    Re: Re: art
    Originally posted by Mist
    Honestly, I feel that your art is fairly average, but probably better than anything I could do.

You could probably benefit from more classes, I guess.

...thanks for your opinion. Since leaving school a year ago I dont have art classes anymore, i did art at GCSE and got a B but didnt take it any further. I prefer to be able to paint/draw etc what i want and not have to go by set guidelines.

it was quite a nice surprise to see loads of other peoples artwork when i checked back; i didnt think anyone would post any,and everyones is all really good!

i love the panther jinx, glad you took the time, and could be bothered to post it ;):D

kaffrin - your pics of your brother are really good, im generally not very good at drawing portraits of people - but you definetly have that talent! Are they portraits of him when he was younger or are they of him as he is now?
    Re: Re: Re: art
    Originally posted by crazyeechick
    ...thanks for your opinion. Since leaving school a year ago I dont have art classes anymore, i did art at GCSE and got a B but didnt take it any further. I prefer to be able to paint/draw etc what i want and not have to go by set guidelines.

it was quite a nice surprise to see loads of other peoples artwork when i checked back; i didnt think anyone would post any,and everyones is all really good!

i love the panther jinx, glad you took the time, and could be bothered to post it ;):D

kaffrin - your pics of your brother are really good, im generally not very good at drawing portraits of people - but you definetly have that talent! Are they portraits of him when he was younger or are they of him as he is now?
    No probs Amigo, I think everyone here has a talent, maybe we should set a topic to draw paint of photograph, we all like and see what people come up with? I dont mind what you choose I can draw most things other than buildings. Whats more ironic is that I wanted to be an architect when I was younger.

Hey Neil your stuff is very abstract, I like it, its alot diffrent from what I do. I try and make my stuff look real but that leaves me little space to express myself.

MoonRat Im loving your photos your brothers one is great.

And J maybe you should dust off the old pencil and give it ago again?
    If anyone wants to set up a thread like that, feel free to stick it in Entertainment.

If it gets a good response I'll make it sticky.
    If anyone wants to set up a thread like that, feel free to stick it in Entertainment.

If it gets a good response I'll make it sticky.
    Oki doki.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: art
    No probs Amigo, I think everyone here has a talent, maybe we should set a topic to draw paint of photograph, we all like and see what people come up with? I dont mind what you choose I can draw most things other than buildings. Whats more ironic is that I wanted to be an architect when I was younger.

Hey Neil your stuff is very abstract, I like it, its alot diffrent from what I do. I try and make my stuff look real but that leaves me little space to express myself.
    What a great idea, any suggestions for the photo? I think someone's face would be a good idea, and could be interpreted in any way possible. The results would be interesting.

Oh, and cheers for the compliment. I like your work too - quite scary but very realistic!!
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: art
    Originally posted by Neil
    What a great idea, any suggestions for the photo? I think someone's face would be a good idea, and could be interpreted in any way possible. The results would be interesting.

Oh, and cheers for the compliment. I like your work too - quite scary but very realistic!!
    I go for the dark edge kinda look. I think it looks kind of sinister too, bright jolly dandy things dont do it for me.
    Which person?
    male of female?
    Ooo *waits for pics*
    Oooo we could choose someone from the site?
    we could call it the site portrait.
    Ive tried drawing a few people from the site, but it was at 2 in morning and turned out shite!
    If people want, I can just shift this thread into entertainment to save the hassle of starting a second thread.
    If people want, I can just shift this thread into entertainment to save the hassle of starting a second thread.
    Go for it.
    there you go...

now anyone want to post a photo?
    Oooo we could choose someone from the site?
    we could call it the site portrait.
    Ive tried drawing a few people from the site, but it was at 2 in morning and turned out shite!

Hehe that could be fun.
    there you go...

now anyone want to post a photo?

You could Jim :D.
    well there's always the 'about us' page
    You could always draw my Yoda furby lol. Well its not mine but...
    I say a site member, with their permission of course.

Any volunteers?
    Well i don't mind but i am not exactly nice to draw or look at for one heh.