Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Did she lie about abortion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Once upon a time there lived a proper plum called Davy who, despite owning a vast crapload of condoms, manages to get somebody pregnant.

He did not know this until 15 days later when he gets an apology email stating she has a termination. Now Davy is confused as to if 15 days is too short to be able to terminate ANYTHING...

Somebody please help Davy realise if she was BS'ing for affection from an old relationship that was purely based on sex.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    15 days after you had sex?

I don't think she could have known she was pregnant! Or if she did only just. I guess its possible. Seems very strange though.
    Perhaps someone else can enlighten you.
    Go and talk to her. You can hardly tell the truth from an email.

Just because a relationship is based on sex, pregnancy can still occur. Condoms have a high rate of preventing pregnancy "when used correctly"
    It seems highly unlikely that she would be able to realise that she is pregnant, arrange and have an abortion in such a short space of time. Did you have sex before that or was it just the once? As PussyKatty says, you need to communicate with her properly to get to the bottom of this.

If you want more advice call one of the following helplines - they are both really knowledgable and will help you out:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

:)
    Short answer: yes. It happens a lot.

Long answer: you need to talk to her and find out from her. Burying your head in the sand isn't really an option.

Though I do think she is a liar. A surprisngly high amount of girls do it.
    Originally posted by Kermit

Long answer: you need to talk to her and find out from her. Burying your head in the sand isn't really an option.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been there, and you need to talk about it, otherwise you'll go mad and beat yourself up about it constantly for months.

Like Kermit says, a lot of girls do bullshit about it, and I'm having my doubts about what really happened in my situation now.

But I've found closure with it, an I've moved on after I dealt with it at the time.
    Originally posted by Kermit

Though I do think she is a liar. A surprisngly high amount of girls do it.

Unfortunately I have to agree with froggy and you've no idea how much that hurts... *cringes* ...:p

I find it very hard to believe she was able to find out she was pregnant and arranged a an abortion within only 15 days. Seeking for attention if you ask me.

As the rest have already said, you need to talk to the girl -
    Have you had sex before? or was it just the once?
    Originally posted by spanner
    It seems highly unlikely that she would be able to realise that she is pregnant, arrange and have an abortion in such a short space of time.

:yes:

most pregnancy tests don't even detect pregnancy til the 15th day after sex. even then, they're not always accurate. the test the doctors use to confirm pregnancy, apparently, are not accurate until the 21st day after sex.

sounds like she's pulling your leg, big style.
    since i recently had my scare,i looked up a lot about all the test and how long it takes,etc.well mostly from what i read they all said to wait toughly 28 days after having sex and then you can take it the day of your missed period or any day after,i have to agree with everyone else and say she is yanking your chain.as kaffrin has already said,the docs test only would have detected it around the 15th day,if even that....
    dude, if you'd tbtc_thumb.gif this would never have happened.
    *gone*
    Originally posted by n00b1e
    dude, if you'd tbtc_thumb.gif this would never have happened.
    teehee :D
    Yes I've had sex before what kinda questions that?! >_<

Thanks gyuys. I approuched her bout it with that info bout getting 2 doctors and cross testing etc etc and she blew up on me!!

It's obvious that even if she DID get a termination, twasn't mine!

We hadn't had it once to be honest it was non stop for an entire week but that '15 days' is from the first day.

Thx for the replies...but what the eck is 'TBTC' ?!
    Originally posted by Davy
    but what the eck is 'TBTC' ?!

Take Back The Cock.

Basically it's not giving girls sex when they want it, as a way of restoring men to control. Or something.

personally I think n00b1e has munched one magic mush too many...