Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fat Kids

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Burger King and McDonalds are very healthy food. I like it and I’m not fat ( skinny rather…). That campaign against fast food is organised by crazy greenies and greedy lawyers to get millions from companies that serve their clients best. To understand absurdity of their claims go to any poor country and look at children. You can see lots of fat children for whom McDonalds is an unbelievable dream… sigh… you’ll never understand.
    PS To Kermit. To teach kids eating vegan carrot cakes? OMG! It’s soooo disgusting! I’d rather swallow an alive toad.

you are an idiot. fast food is healthy? is the pope jewish now?
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    you are an idiot. fast food is healthy? is the pope jewish now?

He just might be. He's Polish originally after all :p

Either way the whole outrage over fast-food is pathetic. It getsdangerous when you eat it like the guy in supersize me, but eat it moderately like a normal human being and you can still have a good cholestorol count and a good heartbeat, and still not be as fat as Michael Moore (sorry, just saw a pic of him with no neck/ 7 double chins).
    BK and McShite shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves 'restaurants', let alone anyone saying they offer healthy food (even whether they offer any 'food' at all is open to debate).
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    you are an idiot. fast food is healthy?

All food can be part of a heathly diet if eaten in moderation.

That last word is the key to this whole debate. If you are only going to feed a child (who doesn't exercise) fast food then they will become obese.

It is perfectly possible to survive and recieve all vitamins by only eating fast food.

The problem we have, as has been explained, is that we don't exercise enough anymore and not that our diet is appaling...
    Originally posted by Kermit
    A "fat tax" would, as always, just penalise the poor at the expense of the rich.

Make fresh fruit and vegatables the same price as crisps and chocolate and chips and people will buy it. The fact is that it is cheaper to buy a box of value fish fingers, a can of value beans and a bag of value chips, and if money is tight that is what you will do. People don't need education on hjow to eat "healthily", they need tio be able to afford to do so.

Are you having a laugh?! Living as a vegetarian, and being arsed to cook it properly is a million times cheeper than living of crappy meat and fish products out of the freezer. Or have you been looking only at the organic section?

Now, myself I lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks, and not because I was trying to. I was doing endless excercise and still eating like a rugby player. I kid you not, enourmous breakfast (8 bits of toast for example) full lunch (2 helpings?) three course dinner (two helpings again, with bread) and the odd snack during the day. Who loses weight eating like that? I do, excercise is the solution!

Now, on a different tack, what about the chemicals put into food these days? Endless e-numbers, what are they doing to the mentality of children. Is ADHD diet based, or society caused? I simply where we're going?
    Massive amounts of fat, salt and sugar are bad for you.

McShite food and its junk food rivals have massive amounts of fat, salt and sugar. Eating one in a bluemoon is not going to give an instant heart attack, but anything that approaches regular consumption definitively has a negative effect on the body.

I truly fear for anyone who eats from such outlets two, three or more times a week.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Massive amounts of fat, salt and sugar are bad for you.

McShite food and its junk food rivals have massive amounts of fat, salt and sugar. Eating one in a bluemoon is not going to give an instant heart attack, but anything that approaches regular consumption definitively has a negative effect on the body.

I truly fear for anyone who eats from such outlets two, three or more times a week.

I agree, a balanced diet is essential for good health and happy bodily functions
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    All food can be part of a heathly diet if eaten in moderation.

exactly........you can eat healthy but have one day where you can indulge, after all we all like a treat :D
    the ide aof planning days to eat bad is jsut stupid, i eat a little bad stuffa day but i dont measure it, i just have enuf to satisfy me and im not fat
    LOL. Even the S*n is joining in the tirade. In today's editorial they comment on a new research (anyone's got a link to it) that shows that a burger meal is so bad you'd need to walk 16 miles to burn off the calories (1,600 of them). Then the S*n has a shot at humour and says most people would walk 16 miles just to avoid eating at a junk food outlet.

Very refreshing, though one can't help but think that the S*n and McDonalds are two names forever linked and that the average S*n reader practically lives on McShite 'food'. How long before McDonalds suggests punters avoid reading the S*n in order to protect their intellectual health? :D
    Actually it is said that McDonalds burgers are not to bad. It's the dressings which add a lot of the calories.
    Which is why it is recommended to eat their burgers, rather than their salads with toppings.
    Interestingly as recent clinical trial (sadly I don't have a web link) had people eating only "fast food" for three months and each lost weight...
    Is that through terminal illness? ;)
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Interestingly as recent clinical trial (sadly I don't have a web link) had people eating only "fast food" for three months and each lost weight...

How often did they eat the fast food?
    and even if they did lsoe weight that doesnt make it healthy! wheres the vitamins and minerals in a big mac meal!?
    Where was that weblog again of the bloke who decided to have McDonalds food as a main meal every day for a month as an experiment? He detailed the changes his body experienced, and by the end of it he was suffering from organ failure and in an absolutely appalling state of health- despite being perfectly healthy at the beginning of the experiment.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    BK and McShite shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves 'restaurants', let alone anyone saying they offer healthy food (even whether they offer any 'food' at all is open to debate).

I agree. It is crap.

I'm sure I saw a trial somewhere where the person but on weight after only eating that type of food.
    Re: Re: Fat Kids
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I do think a "fat tax" should be put on food to discourage people from eating so much of it.
    come on ...don't smoke pot or we throw you in jail ...had no effect whatsover.
    people need to be taught how to take fucking responsibility for themselves!
    taxes and rules taxes and fucking rules ...
    the more fucking rules the less justice.
    you modern people frighten me.