Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my friend may be going to chester uni....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anybody go here+what course do you do?? Just curious, as a girl a work with is thinking of going there to do a course in animal behaviour, and i said id try 2 get some recommendations of what its like as a uni/course, and what better of a place to ask than here??
Thanx
SBG
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not a uni, it's just a college that gives out pretty much worthless degrees.
    Originally posted by Drol Edyortnuh
    It's not a uni, it's just a college that gives out pretty much worthless degrees.

its actually inbetween a university and a college, but why are the degrees useless!! they come from liverpool university and are the same as any other???
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    its actually inbetween a university and a college, but why are the degrees useless!! they come from liverpool university and are the same as any other???

They are not the same as any other - how can a degree from LSE/Oxbridge be in the same league as one from Chester College of Sitting on Arses
    They are not the same as any other - how can a degree from LSE/Oxbridge be in the same league as one from Chester College of Sitting on Arses

You're a snob and a half, aren't ya? Put a sock in it! :p

I don't know about Chester College, because I obviously don't go there. But two of my friends go there and they love it...despite the fact that I have a sneaky suspiscion they only went there to stalk Hollyoaks actresses :lol: I'm only half-serious!!

Anyway, from what I know it's a respectable, well-thought of College, especially in the North-West. No one I've spoken to of it considers it a college of "sitting on arses" and of course it has a huge advantage of being in an absolutely gorgeous city. Well, I love it! The degrees are indeed validated by Liverpool Uni (which is itself very well thought-of) so I don't see a problem with people crediting the degree. Lovely place, good academics and (mainly) lovely people. Can't go wrong really, can you? :D
    Originally posted by briggi
    You're a snob and a half, aren't ya? Put a sock in it! :p

I don't know about Chester College, because I obviously don't go there. But two of my friends go there and they love it...despite the fact that I have a sneaky suspiscion they only went there to stalk Hollyoaks actresses :lol: I'm only half-serious!!

Anyway, from what I know it's a respectable, well-thought of College, especially in the North-West. No one I've spoken to of it considers it a college of "sitting on arses" and of course it has a huge advantage of being in an absolutely gorgeous city. Well, I love it! The degrees are indeed validated by Liverpool Uni (which is itself very well thought-of) so I don't see a problem with people crediting the degree. Lovely place, good academics and (mainly) lovely people. Can't go wrong really, can you? :D
    A degree from Chester isn't going to get you anywgere, and it isn't well regarded in the North West.
    i'm going to chester and i'll be working just as hard as anyone else to get a good degree. . !
    A degree from Chester isn't going to get you anywgere, and it isn't well regarded in the North West.

Why exactly not?? whats the difference between a BSc from chester uni, and one in the same field from any other university?? Nothing - except that with chester you get alot of hands on exp, due to the nearby zoo!!
    he how r u

my cousin is going there and she loves it shes doing geography and teaching i thinkn.she said that the social and academic side are both excellent.so i suppose thats a gud recommandation
    Originally posted by MOSSY
    he how r u

my cousin is going there and she loves it shes doing geography and teaching i thinkn.she said that the social and academic side are both excellent.so i suppose thats a gud recommandation

aww, well thats good!! i am really looking forward to it now, yay :D
    o by the way on ur other txt about the newstudent website. thanks i was using it .its pretty gud. hope u have a gud time in chester