Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Adverts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Worst and best?

Worst: The "I'm not your sister, dummy!" one. E-insurance or something.

Best at the mo:The Bud advert. Two blokes on the beach in America looking at 2 pretty girls saying "Y'know, in Spain, they go topless, it's practically the law." And then it goes to two blokes on the beach in Spain and this huge fat woman takes her top off and they're like "In America they have to keep they're tops on... It's the law". Or something like that.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep the e-sure adverts truly suck ass. as do the currys ones with linda barker.

the best adverts at the mo are the alpen ones.
    The best that have been on recently are the Peter Kay John Smiths ads. Funny jokes, funny man and the best bitter imo.

All those claims adverts are dire, soul-destroying shite. I can't stand any kind of dubbed advert and I hate these ads for spot cream etc with girls fannying about in bedrooms talking about how they vanquished their blackheads. Give me a break. Any ads for supermarkets are usually dire.

My vitriol is truly saved for that heinous Coca-Cola advert with the woman walking down the street trashing a great song and handing out bottles of Coke. Yeah, like Coke ever gives people something for nothing. Bullshit. It makes my skin crawl just seeing it.

Best of all time are undoubtedly the Guinness ads of a few years ago.

Wow, I have a lot of opinions on adverts :eek2:
    best advert on atm is the cheese strings one, with the guy dressed up as a teenage scally girl, boasting about hard life/streetwise-ness and then 'her' mum turns up in a dickhead 4x4 and she's as posh as they come.

you have to see it to understand. but it's great.
    Re: Adverts
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Worst and best?

Worst: The "I'm not your sister, dummy!" one. E-insurance or something.

Best at the mo:The Bud advert. Two blokes on the beach in America looking at 2 pretty girls saying "Y'know, in Spain, they go topless, it's practically the law." And then it goes to two blokes on the beach in Spain and this huge fat woman takes her top off and they're like "In America they have to keep they're tops on... It's the law". Or something like that.

I love that bud one :) I also like the other bear one set at the base of the mountain with the avalanche :)

worse one... any claims one and that bloody crush milkshake fooking thing with the cows
    Best: The Bud one, the Guiness Extra-Cold ones, and the Carling (Woo-hoo!) one (anyone noticing a trend here?).

I know there's a few more but I can't remember them just now ;[

Worst: That fucking car insurance one with that doss cunt from The Royal Family where he's driving along, droning on in that fucking monotone accent of his about running into an old friend in town and denting the bumper :mad:

The Trebor Extra Strong mints ones with Al Murray.

The Gillette ones where it likens shaving to flying an F-16 fighter jet, followed by 60 odd close up shots of a guy stroking his chin.

Adverts for tampons with a group of 30-something women prancing around doing something like clothes shopping, drinking coffee or something independant and feminist like sailing in a one (wo)man yacht, doing all 3 with an unnaturally large grin on their faces.

Maybe those tampons were extra large size.
    Anything for the Famous Grouse just rules, as do those old Aero ads with the mice "I dunno, just comes with it".

And the latest campaign by Yorkie - its not that I agree with them, I'm just so impressed that they got away with it and still are!

OO - and the old Bud ads with z list celebs singing! All top class.
    John Smith's is a vile drink briggi, if you are going to drink bitter (and you should) at least drink a nice ale. I suggest starting with HAND-PULLED Pedigree Ale, or HAND-PULLED Tetley's Best. Any bitter from a nitro-keg tap tastes like cold semen.

The best Bud ads were the frogs- Bud! Weis! Er! The "wasup" pissed me off royally.

Best ad at the minute is definitely the Carling ones. The worst being Michael Winner, who is a prime example of why involuntary euthanasia could work.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    John Smith's is a vile drink briggi, if you are going to drink bitter (and you should) at least drink a nice ale. I suggest starting with HAND-PULLED Pedigree Ale, or HAND-PULLED Tetley's Best. Any bitter from a nitro-keg tap tastes like cold semen.

Haha :) Thanks for the tip Kermit. I confess to being a bit of a Philistine when it comes to alcohol...most adventurous choice being Old Speckled Hen. Will definitely take your advice though, next time I'm out.

Also, agree that the frogs were the best Bud ads. Don't really like the current ones.
    Originally posted by briggi
    Thanks for the tip Kermit.

You're welcome:)

IF you ever go out in Newcastle just work along the hand-pulls in the Union Rooms. Or, better still, go and prop up the bar in Tilley's :yes:
    The Mcdonalds one!

"can you hear the missus sing?? noo nooo"

"she fell over, she fell oover"
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    The Mcdonalds one!

"can you hear the missus sing?? noo nooo"

"she fell over, she fell oover"

they are great, actually.

'i'm not sleeping anymore! i'm not sleeeeping anyyyyymore'
    theres too many bad ones to put, but my two favorite at the moment (and they change all the time because sometimes commercials are just too funny) are...

one for juicy fruit twisted gum where theres this guy dressed up as a filing cabnit and steals the gum from somebody, then a gut dressed up as the window and outside scenery steals it, then he goes into a room and then a guy pops his head out from the water cooler and goes "hey bob"

then one for the dairy queen brownie blizzard where this guys wife askes if he wants to lick the batter of the brownies she just made, so he takes the hand mixer and puts his tounge on it and then it turns on and you can hear him scream
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    they are great, actually.

'i'm not sleeping anymore! i'm not sleeeeping anyyyyymore'

There's no accounting for taste;)

The electronics one with the little kid going "I need a wee!" grates. I want to put the little brat into a food processor and see if he needs a wee then.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Or, better still, go and prop up the bar in Tilley's :yes:

Think I might have been there before...must have been on a pub crawl or something, but the name rings a bell. Is it on the Westgate Road?

Another ad I can't stand is that Nescafe (?) one with the fortune cookie..."If Pete [or whoever] won't marry you, I will". Give me a bloody break!

The McDonalds ads were pretty amusing, especially since they were topical during Euro 2004. However, the KFC ones are up there with the Coke ads for pure cheesy crapness :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by drgoo
    OO - and the old Bud ads with z list celebs singing! All top class.
    Wasn't it Heinekenn?

The e-sure ones are terrible. Especially as they apparently don't insure actors - the unions had a field day.

I also hate the Curry's adverts.

The Carlsberg flatmate one is funny.
    the guy in the head and shoulders one is reeeaally fit!
    and the lacoste one where he walked around naked. wow at him tooo!

cheesestring one is funny

i hate any adverts to do with claims!
    Originally posted by lipsy

I really hate that one. So his girlfriend can steal his boxers, use his expensive aftershave but he won't let her near his shampoo?! :rolleyes:
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    The best ad out atm is the heinz one, with the bean :)

"The well endowed god of love... And fibre"

the worst has to be... *drum roll*

anything pertaining to the survival of any online insurance company... or failing that, Lombard Direct. I live near their HQ and that blue phone pisses me off something rotton :mad:
    Best is the peter kay ones. Or the bud one on the beach.

Worst is either that michael winner one. Or the one i saw earlia with 2 sisters, think it was Charmin.
    Originally posted by lipsy
    and the lacoste one where he walked around naked. wow at him tooo!

cheesestring one is funny

i hate any adverts to do with claims!

Thats the guy out of the bacardi adverts at the mo where he meets his new collegue whose a woman then remembers their crrrrrazy parties.

Bacardi ones really piss me off though. Where generally they all drink in moderation and dress up as the devil or a cowboy etc etc and get into hillllllllarious escapades with offended old people. And crack whips at each other.
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    Thats the guy out of the bacardi adverts at the mo where he meets his new collegue whose a woman then remembers their crrrrrazy parties.
    i thought it was! the bacardi one always makes me wonder whether shes the type of girl he'd go for...

he's bloody gorgeous!!

and the tampax compact one with the moth. hes pretty nice too..
    One of the funniest for crapness was the Coca-Cola one where this little boy was going to his first Newcastle United football match. They were walking across the Tyne Bridge (as you do) "towards the game"...or they would have been if Newcastle was in Gateshead.

Losers.
    I like the new one where the Cigarettes are sitting at the table getting a bollocking and then get sacked and the boss uses the fire extinguisher on the last one out and he goes 'ahhhh'.

The Peter Kay Live one (on his 30th birthday..) just isn't funny.
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Jarrrr, on Westgate Road :yes:

Lovely Jennings beer *rubs tummy*

Two recommendations and the fact that I think I actually know where is it are enough to convince me :D Might have to pop in after work tomorrow for a few cheeky pints ;)
    i DESPISE the diamond one where the mother and daughter in the coffee shop 'no ill pay for it i got a really great deal on my car insurance' 'me too ill pay' etc etc 'diamond. diamond? diamond!!!'

fucks me off :mad:

i like the singing parrots in the tropicana ad and i liked those ones for the energy efficent boiler where the un-energy efficent boiler is real rude to them 'alllrite supermodel, got a boyfriend yet? nah didnt think so'

hehe