Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the bottom rung of the ladder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i walked past a foot locker store not long ago, they were advertising for new staff.

they wanted 12 months retail experience.

i dunno what rep foot locker has in your town, but mine may as well be called Scallyville UK. which means the clientele arent exactly the brightest sparks in the box.

so why would someone need a years experience to work in a shoe shop, more to the point, a scally shoe shop? as far as im concerned, its pretty near the bottom of the ladder in terms of jobs, so where are you supposed to start?

Comments

• Options
    With jobs you have to be in the right place at the right time- I always wanted a bar job but could never get one as I had no experience, so gave up. Then suddenly I got one in a place wanting to make itself one of the most exclusive venues in the city- its weird.

But, no, Foot Locker doesn't exactly have the best reputation...
  • Options
    probably need experience dealing with tight gits and thick ass scallies
  • Options
    I hate it when places say you need experience to work for them. How are you meant to get experience if you need experience to get experience?
  • Options
    You need exprience because they don't want to train you. And they want to make sure you won't empty the till.

Oh, and the signature is bolox. PETA are vermin.