Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Interview for a BIG company

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all i got an interview for a job at a really big company near where i live :D

I put in a cv yesterday (thursday) and got a reply today (friday) to ask me to attend an interview!

Now obviously its gonna be formal so i was wondering, shall i invest in a suit??? Also iv gotta think of some tactics to make them think "oh my god we gotta emply him".

Ohhh yay me lol (ok calm down its only an interview)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well the job will involve using computers in a large shipping import and export company. It will be based in an office using their systems i suppose.

I was thinking of going to debenhams or similar and getting a decent suit. I can get a good one for around £140 cant i?
    if you're hard up, ASDA some some great suits.

i'm not even kidding.

to be honest, the only thing worth paying extra for is a custom fit. if you're gonna buy off the peg, you'll usually get just as good a fit and quality in ASDA as somewhere like debenhams. and a lot of ASDA ones are machine washable, which is the handiest thing ever. dry clean only things are the work of the devil.
    Im not really hard up but not exactly wealthy, i was looking about £140 - £150 or so on a suit for now as im going to uni next year and will only mainly be needing it for 1 year.

Thanks for the link miss sharp teeth il take a good read of that.

Also kaffrin if you say asda are pretty good then il take your advice and go shop around, cant hurt can it.

Thanks for the help guys, im gonna go shopping :)
    Good luck with your interview then :)
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Good luck with your interview then :)

Thanks, its not until the 20th so iv got time to prepare.
    Yay (i think) i got the job :D

Thanks guy and girls the woman phoned me just now and her words were "Your C.V and interview blew us away"

*feels head getting unaturally large*

Thank you people your great :)
    Congrats if you got it :d
    Originally posted by ~kaz~
    Congrats if you got it :d

Yep i got it. Thank you :D
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Yay (i think) i got the job :D

Thanks guy and girls the woman phoned me just now and her words were "Your C.V and interview blew us away"

*feels head getting unaturally large*

Thank you people your great :)

For a employer to say that about me i dont think even offering a 6 figure sum bribe would cover it :lol:

Congrats on getting the job! work hard to impress them but dont become a arselicker it aint big and it certainly aint clever it leaves you friendless and branded a **** for life. :lol:

Not saying you would but there is too many people in this world who think they can brown nose their way to the top :mad:

*thinks about certain arseholes at my work*
    Yeh i know what you mean mate but im not like that. I work hard but i dont arselick but thanks for the concern :)
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    The Site has a fact file on buying a suit somewhere - see if you can dig it out.

My other half has just spent £500 on a bespoke suit from a tailor, and i reckon it'll last him at least 10 - 15 years. It fits him perfectly, and I have to say, he looks rather hot in it. However, getting a decent off-the-peg suit can make you look just as good.

Have you seen any suits on the Debenhams website that you were thinking of in particular?

Wholly crap £500

My uncle flew to Goa on Holiday and had 2 custom made suits and extra trousers. Suits costed him about £50 when you convert the currency.

And planes tickets were about £300. My advice is if you're gonna spend that kind of money to go have a holiday and go to places like India or Thailand, Singapore and have a suit made there.
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Well the job will involve using computers in a large shipping import and export company. It will be based in an office using their systems i suppose.

I was thinking of going to debenhams or similar and getting a decent suit. I can get a good one for around £140 cant i?

Many of the Big Asda and Tesco's sell suits now and some pretty nice ones, and quite reasonable prices. I'd spent the big money once you have the job.