Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coyote Ugly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I found myself in the unfortunate situation tonight where I was looking after this young kid while his mom went into town and slutted it.

There was little on TV, so I thought I'd watch this. It was actually quite good. I've never seen it before either. It was one of those films which makes you feel like you could have such a happy life if you tried to copy it and then half-an-hour later you forget.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That movie came out ages ago....but I still remember it! It was really good!

(but personally, I think the bars in the states that are named after that show are just a bit over-rated)
    You should wtch the Secret of my Success then, that's like my motivating movie!!
    adam garcia :love:

i think every girl who watched that film for the first time wanted to be a coyote.
    hate to admit it but i love my "chick flicks" and that film is one of my favourates! along with love attually! :o

i watch em both regularly! lol
    coyote ugly is just such a bad film its truly unwatchable
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo

Agreed.

I'm all for the all-singing, all-dancing cheesefests, but this was just abysmal.

And John Goodman? You should be ashamed of yourself...from the superb The Big Lebowski to this pile of dung!

ps. i'd still give adam garcia a good rodgering though, raaar!.....superficial? me? :angel:
    Originally posted by lipsy

i think every girl who watched that film for the first time wanted to be a coyote.

:yes:

I wanna be a coyote :p
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx

Ya can over in Belfast. We got a club called Coyote Odyessy and gets on the same as that bar did in the film. Got the girls on the table with their sexy dance routines even have the same music for them to dance to but to top it off you got the guys down this stair case working their moves which aint bad to look at.... :naughty:
    Bit cheesy but I still go in for the kicks.
    seriously dont you find it a bit sad?
    I personally really like this film & the LeAnn Rimes tune can't fight the moonlight sends a shiver down my spine when I hear it.

I wonder if Violet/Jersey can actually sing or the singing is just dubbed over with another person singing instead?
    seriously dont you find it a bit sad?

You don't find it sad when you're surrounded by gorgeous lasses on the table doing their stuff and the lads doing their bit wearing very little - :D

I agree. I wanted to hurl while watching it, so then eventually I just left the theater and left the person watching it there. Wasn't going to waste my time.
    It's one of my favourite films!!!
    I'm a chick flick obsesseeeeee! Adam Garcia in nothing but a sheet... fuck me right now!

Ilora x
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I wonder if Violet/Jersey can actually sing or the singing is just dubbed over with another person singing instead?

no i think i read when it first came out that it's leann rimes who sings all the way throughout the movie.
    I really like it, seen it about 4 times. Caught most of it last night. Still good. :)
    Originally posted by Naz
    no i think i read when it first came out that it's leann rimes who sings all the way throughout the movie.
    I don't think it is... the 2 voices are very different..

I think it is Violet's own voice, but dubbed throughout the movie... At the end where leann and violet duet, the 2 voices are not the same..

Ilora x
    August 4, 2000

Rimes croons incognito in 'Coyote Ugly'
    You may not have heard of Piper Perabo, but you've probably heard her voice.

The actress, who plays an aspiring songwriter in the new film "Coyote Ugly," gets some major vocal help from country singer LeAnn Rimes.

"It's me, but it doesn't sound like me," said 17-year-old Rimes, whose voice is dubbed in when Perabo sings. "I softened it. I kinda sang more nasally."

Rimes recorded four songs for the film, despite a doctor's order that she rest her voice. The singer -- who said she's had mononucleosis and several cases of tonsillitis -- figures she'll be fine in time for a short fall tour. "It's getting better, so I should be working again soon," she said.

http://cgi.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/News/08/04/showbuzz/

:razz: lol i have way too much time on my hands!
    I appreciate good films.

Every single copy of Coyote Ugly should be tracked down and burned.

My sister grew out of it when she was, like, 14.
    Well, you all suck then, because I was bored and it entertained me. Kthx.

Also, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Violet girl could actually sing. Most actors/actresses can sing quite well, just like many can play instruments.
    I think it's a great film TBH, maybe a bit of a chick style flick but I still liked it. :)
    a good film has a believable plot, and this one clearly doesn't. watched it once and that was enough!
    Believable plot? Does that rule out the entire Bond series then?
    i think it rules out most films!
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx

I don't, I'd like to throw beer glasses at them whilst they're dancing on the bar.

Somebody shoulda done that on the film... woulda been class :D