Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Another piece of the "I told you so" puzzle falls into place

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The latest revelation leaking from inside the beltway, can't say we didn't warn the diehard supporters they were betting on the wrong horse...

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4921.shtml

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    “Keep those motherfuckers away from me,”
    :D

Either way, what is the man to do? How would you react if he didn't take medication?
    If you think a paranoid megolomaniac (who clearly showed his penchant for unaccountability and lies from the start of his tenure) belongs in the top spot then you are more troubled than I dared believe possible.
    Thing is, they didn't specify exactly what it is he suffers from, and neither did they disclose the medication, meaning that we have no means of guessing.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    :D

Either way, what is the man to do? How would you react if he didn't take medication?
    the lunatics taking over the assylum takes another twist!
    i'd have him locked up jacq. withor without medication.
    Hmm i see it mentioning depression and paranoia quite clearly, Jacqs. Hardly surprising though for a longterm untreated alcoholic and former coke addict. Not the sort of man who ever should have been in office in the first place.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Hmm i see it mentioning depression and paranoia quite clearly, Jacqs. Hardly surprising though for a longterm untreated alcoholic and former coke addict. Not the sort of man who ever should have been in office in the first place.
    with those credentials even i could rule the world one day ...now that would be scary!
    Originally posted by J
    Surely it should be confidential anyway being medical?
    our 'elected' ...ho ho ... representatives shouldn't be allowed to keep it secret that they are completely fucking bonkers surely?
    No J, something which directly speaks to his ability to function at the head of the most powerful nation and economy on the planet is very much a matter for public knowledge. How telling that major news agencies are not making it known. Liberal press my arse!
    Somehow MR, even with your background i take you for a far more moderate and humble man than our Commander in Thief.
    Somehow MR, even with your background i take you for a far more moderate and humble man than our Commander in Thief.
    why thankyou you awsome devil ...he's chatting me up isn't he ...
    LOL, guess its that tough prison image you exude! ;)
    LOL, guess its that tough prison image you exude! ;)

Clandestine is MR's bitch? Who'da thunk it... :)

Love this quote...

"We have to face the very real possibility that the President of the United States is loony tunes..."

Although I do have a few questions about the validity of this article (I don't know the source) and the comments of the doctors who may/may not have ever have met Bush, let alone examined him.

Plues, of course, is the timing of this with an election looming. We all know that all parties use smear tactics. And in the US of course it's friends of the candidates too...

I don't know. I suspect that it's true because i have my own predjuices about the man, but this article asks as many questions as it answers...
    Surely the question whether he's bonkers was settled a long time ago?

At the end of the day, this is the man who claims God speaks to him and advises him on his foreign policy. :D
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Surely the question whether he's bonkers was settled a long time ago?

At the end of the day, this is the man who claims God speaks to him and advises him on his foreign policy. :D

one of the main signs of being a nutter then ^^
    Just because a person is taking antidepressants does NOT mean they are "looney tunes". :rolleyes: The fact that this "undisclosed" informant used the term "looney tunes" makes his/her statement a bit suspicious. What kind of political professional would use such a term with reference to a serious matter. :rolleyes:

Also, Dr. Frank has obviously NOT sat in a room and diagnosed Bush himself. And by the way, you can NOT render medical/psychological opinions with any authority unless you have sat with a person and heard their history. And in such a case? The information gathered during the assessment is CONFIDENTIAL and thus, it is illegal for you to diclose it to the public or anyone else for that matter. So what I see is Dr. Frank rendering an uninvited and thus, INAPPROPRIATE diagnosis of Bush. And I know of Yalom's work, and I think he is a fool to support such an inappropriately given diagnosis. Shame on him! These armchair psychologists and M.D.s need to go back to Ethics 101 in graduate school. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by USA#1-TrQ
    These armchair psychologists and M.D.s need to go back to Ethics 101 in graduate school. :rolleyes:
    what a load of bollox!
    even i can tell you about the damage that untreated substance abuse and addiction ...needs treating proffesionaly ...something bush hasn't done ...he's only gone on the wagon.
    meaning unstable.
    A very weak argument belying your rather jingoistic stance there Traq. A political professional is no superbeing but any ordinary joe like the rest of us. I myself am a "political professional" as you put it and ill use terms to fit the situation in casual conversation such the person quoted has used.

In the end, if you think a man whose personal academic as well as business credentials are mediocre to piss poor in the first place, let alone his mental inbalances, is fit for the top spot in the land (if not the planet) then i seriously suspect you are more devoted to the preservation of your own precious ideology than to the welfare of the nation and the planet we must share.

The man has repeatedly evoked God as the source of his foreign policy priorities and methodologies whilst simultaneously (along with all his dutiful sycophants in the general populace) pulling their hair out over the potential for similar fundamentalistic religious leaders to achieve political leadership in their own countries.

The neo-con right has frankly surrounded itself in a haze of denial, hate, cultural relativism and the lust for unmitigated militancy. Time to wake up and smell the the bretrayal of every principle our nation was founded to embody.
    A very weak argument belying your rather jingoistic stance there Traq. A political professional is no superbeing but any ordinary joe like the rest of us. I myself am a "political professional" as you put it and ill use terms to fit the situation in casual conversation such the person quoted has used.
    True. Even the Pope said of Sinead O'Connor that he'd like to 'kick her ass' (or was that Frank Sinatra?)