Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer Fling??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a mate called Mark who I got off with (snogged) about 2 years ago and have been mates ever since - he asked me out, but I turned him down...

Last night, we snogged again... and he asked me out again... I'm goin to uni in October so I don't know if it'd be worth saying yes.

He's also a bit of a get around and has cheated on pretty much every girlfriend he's had - he often came running to me telling me how he's 'done wrong' so to speak.
He now says he wants to settle down with a nice girl (like me) because he's sick of the life he's had...

I have no idea what to do.. (he was also one of my first kisses lol)

Ilora x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well, some people can change for the best, but then again, some cant!! i suppose it depends upon how well you know him+if you're prepared to take the risk! When he's told you about him cheating in the past, did he seem upset and regretful?? also, was he sober or drunk when he did it??
    If you go into a relationship with him now, i think you'd have to be certain about it, as if you started uni then he cheated on you, or you couldnt trust him, then it could affect your education :yes:
    Maybe if you are prepared to give it a shot, talk to him and tell him your worries??
    SBG
    Re: Summer Fling??
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    he asked me out again... I'm goin to uni in October so I don't know if it'd be worth saying yes.

He's also a bit of a get around and has cheated on pretty much every girlfriend he's had

I have no idea what to do.
    The answer is there, if you go out with him, he will cheat on you. You know this. You will not be able to change him, and he will not change for you. Getting any further involved with him will only lead to you feeling used, and having your heart broken. You know this too.
    But he says he's sick of the reputation he's given himself... I believe him...

I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship (but I would like to be!) with someone so 'experienced' due to the fact that I'm so unbelievably inexperienced. I really like him and feel comfortable with him, it's just his reputation I'm not comfortable with :(

Ilora x
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    But he says he's sick of the reputation he's given himself... I believe him...

I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship (but I would like to be!) with someone so 'experienced' due to the fact that I'm so unbelievably inexperienced. I really like him and feel comfortable with him, it's just his reputation I'm not comfortable with :(

Ilora x

if you dont feel ready for a relationship, then you should wait until you are ready, not until you think you are. You cant be fully happy and comfy with him, if you cant accept his reputation! its only natural to be uncomfortable with that - but you say you believe he's gonna change??? are you sure of this, or is it something you would like to believe, just like you believe you want him???
    SBG
    Re: Re: Summer Fling??
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    The answer is there, if you go out with him, he will cheat on you. You know this. You will not be able to change him, and he will not change for you. Getting any further involved with him will only lead to you feeling used, and having your heart broken. You know this too.

I think you should know for yourself if you can trust him or not!
    As Sponge has said: Some people can change for the better!
    Telling him about this is probably the best idea IMO.
    See how he reacts and then decide.
    A particularly bitter friend of mine once said
    Leopards don't change their spots, they just learn to hide them better
    Personally, I agree with them. If he's cheated on pretty much every girlfriend he's had, I don't think he'll be loyal to you - especially when you've gone off to university.

If I were in your position, I'd tell him that I'm not interested in a relationship right now, and just stay as being friends
    ^^ totally agree with the leopard statement. But if you believe him and if you really want to take that step then go for it. You can either go out with him and get hurt, go out with him and be happy, or never go out with him and never know what could have happened. And sometimes the unknown can end up being your biggest regret. Just sit down with yourself and think about if you want to take the chance or not.
    I'm not gonna go for it. I would have decided by now if I really did want him...

Thanks guys, you've helped loads - Something tells me I know that he'd cheat don't want a broken heart again... thanks guys :)

Ilora x
    Anytime :thumb:
    It seems weird that he asked you out 2 years after he first asked you out. I dunno why, I can't put my finger on it. Anyway glad it's sorted. (=