Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Questions to ask at end of interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i was just wondering what sort of questions would youa sk the interviewer at the end of an interview, as i ahve an interview coming upa nd was just wondering if i could ask some questions, but i dont know what to ask.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well ask anything they didnt go over in the interview, like pay, holidays, shifts and that, and ask some open ended questions about the company which gets them to talk, and shows your takin a interest, they seem to like that.:)
    How about:

what are the opportunities for progression within the company?

Just don't ask how much the pay is.
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    what are the opportunities for progression within the company?

:yes:

that's a fab one. also ask about the company and it's work, it's business links, perhaps, depending on the type of job. if the vacancy is available because of a promotion, what are they doing now? who will you be liasing with on a daily basis. also ask about dress code. you never think to, but then on the night before your first day you're always all 'shit, what do i wear'.

if the salary was advertised, don't mention it. but if it said 'to be arranged', or 'negotiable' it is worth a mention if they don't bring it up first. if you don't discuss it, they will easily just put you on the lowest salary possible. although this applies more to higher level jobs, rather than your average saturday job/summer job. i'm not sure which yours is for, so i thought i'd throw it in.
    I always ask about who I will be responsible to/for, how often are team meetings, and the ever-cheesey - describe a typical day question.

Anything else I ask is normall specific to the job, for example if it was for a regional co-ordinator post, I'd ask about whether there were national standards to comply with
    Ask them why YOU should want to wok for them