Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

gneital worts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just done a search and this site came up so i would really like some adive.

i have always thought i might have something wrong down stairs because it looked spoty and ive read loads of things that said that some males can have a spoty penis. any way it was not untill i was looking through fhm when i saw a bit on stds and it showed a guy with these same type as spots as me and im %99 sure its gential worts. ive booked a slot to see a doctor tomorrow. will they be able to give me something or will i have to go to the GUM clinic? i have had anti-biotics and penisilin before for other things and would of thought it would of cleared it up so im thinking it needs to be somehting else?

can worts harm me in any way?

PAZ

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A doctor will be able to tell you for sure if it's warts that you have and then aid you with treatment.

Warts cause no great harm, there's no need to worry about that.

However, because it's a virus (human papillomavirus) there is no cure i.e. no antibiotics will be prescribed. The warts will probably have to be removed with chemicals or freeze treatment.

Whatever you do, don't buy an over-the-counter treatment unless told it's okay by your doctor. They can cause severe irritation.

It may be embarassing but it's best to get it checked out now, because if you leave it then the warts can spread.

Also don't have sex if you suspect you have warts. Although condoms reduce the spread, they don't eliminate it completely.

Good luck.
    ok thanks for the advice! i was just a little worried as i have always been carful when having sex. i think maybe the condom must have slip or something.

Thanks Paz!
    Genital warts aren't spread by bodily fluids like most others. They are spread by touch.

As I said, condoms won't completely protect you from them. So it's possible that a lady you had sex with had them and you caught them from her.

Do you have a partner? If so maybe she should get checked out too.
    thing is i have not had any real sexual relationships with any girls for a while. i really dont think the last one gave me anything as i think i would of known sooner because i do check my self a lot. i dont have a partner no, it may of been off osmone else but i really dont know who.
    Well viruses also have the ability to stay dormant in your system i.e. not flair up straight away.

I'd still get yourself checked out to be sure :)
    Yeah get it cheked to make doubley sure.

What I think you have are glands around the bottem of the head of your penis that release lubricents. Check on the under side of the head and look between either side of that little bit of skin in the middle and if there are 2 bigger white spot type things then it's just the glands, no worrys there.
    Hiya
    This info may be a little late by now as you said you were going to the docs today, but just in case you want some more reading material on the subject:

Genital warts

Have I got an STI?

Visiting a GUM clinic

Hope this helps

:)