Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shipping costs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how much does it cost to ship something from the US to here, is there a standard rate or does it depend on the item and the cost etc.?

Comments

• Options
    also depends on the website..
  • Options
    It depends on the item, the weight of the item, where it's being shipped from, the website may have their own extra charges...

It's all relative to the website really..

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well when I had shipped an envelopes to the UK, it weighed less than a pound and shipping was about $40.00. It's pretty pricey.
  • Options
    this is the top i want, i cant find it anywhere but if the shipping is a fortune, i may have to do without :(
  • Options
    also beware of import tax.

if your item is worth more than $55, and is marked as merchandise (as opposed to a gift) you will be taxed for importing it into the country.

so you might think you're getting a great deal, but when your postman turns up at your door demanding £30, it's a quite different story.

but yeah, actual shipping is not that much. there are different ways to send it - surface mail is the cheapest, but takes up to two months (seriously), standard air mail takes up to two weeks and is averagely priced, and then there are things like global priority, which is expensive, but will be at your door in 3-5 days.
  • Options
    Depends on who the people are as well. I bought some trainers from the US off a single person on ebay and the shipping was about $20. Went to buy some others off a company (nearly identical) and the shipping was $38. Some people will use the postage to make a profit.
  • Options
    according to the website (its adidas) its $60. as much as i want it, it'll cost me more to get it shipped over than it would to wait for yonks then pay the inflated price for it over here (mark-ups are a bastard). :(

thanks anyway peeps